onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
Here are my system specs.

i7 930
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
6GB Corsair XMS3
Sapphire 5850
SeaSonic X650

When I turn it on, the LEDs are lit on the motherboard, set of orange and green LEDs. However, I do not hear a POST beep or beeps and there is no video output. I have tried another video card with the same results. I have also reseated the CPU and replaced the motherboard thinking that was the culprit. I have also tried one stick and no sticks of RAM, same result.

I'm going to just take my computer into MicroCenter next week because I bought the motherboard, CPU and RAM from them and it won't cost me anything. Would I be wrong to think it's the CPU? I find it hard to believe I would get two bad boards.

Any ideas?

Are you making sure you are putting your RAM in the white slots? Maybe use a different PSU if possible.

I had to update the bios to get my UD5 to post. Do you have a friend with an older I7 or Xeon that you could use?

Turns out my RAM was in the wrong slots, I had them in the blue slots because i've always been accustomed to starting the ram in the slot closest to the CPU. Everything seems to work now. Thanks!

Such a dumb mistake with the ram!

Last edited:
Back