GA-X38-DQ6 raid 0 fail

guitarfly

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
145
Hi,

I had a raid0 running with a GA-X38-DQ6 but had blue screens and instability issues. I noticed a bios update that says "added support for Yorkfield". My cpu is a yorkfield, so I decided to update. Unfortunately, I think I didn't uncheck "clear cmos settings" or some option like that. Anyway, it reset all my bios settings when I updated the BIOS and thus cleared my raid settings. Now on boot-up it says that 3 of my drives are controlled by raid, but then it says my raid0 is failed and that one of the disks that comprises my raid is "non-raid" or something like that. My raid disks are plugged into ports 0 and 1 and the third disk that is says is controlled by the raid adapter is my standalone disk. Any ideas? I'm not sure what settings to select in my bios to know that I have my raid stuff set up correctly.

Thanks,

guitarfly
 
I had this same problem happen when I switched from IDE/RAID mode. Switching it to IDE mode modified the metadata or something and the intel matrix wouldnt recognize one of my raid0 disks - it would come up as a non-raid disk like your situation. To fix it, I deleted the raid0 from the matrix bios, recreated the raid0 using the same drive order and settings (very important - add the disks in the same order), and then recovered my data using R-studio, and then recovered the partition using active partition recovery. There might be alternative free methods to do it, but that's what I did, and it worked. I have a gigabyte x48-dq6.
 
Thanks so much - I did what you suggested and I was able to recover everything. I had a sinking feeling I wasn't going to get anything back so it took me awhile to get up the nerve to try the recovery. Your suggestions worked perfectly though and I now have my data and have started using WHS for backups :). Thanks!
 
Back
Top