GA-P35C-DS3R

ultimus666

n00b
Would this be a good choice to go with an E6750/E6850? Anyone know if it overclocks well? It has support for the 45nm Penryn cpus that are supposed to come out end of year from Intel as well as DDR2/DDR3 support for when DDR3 finally becomes affordable. I don't like to upgrade very often (every other year approximately) so would this be a good board if I wanted to be future-proof but also overclock with one of the aforementioned cpus?

Oh and I DEFINITELY don't plan on going SLI.

yes excellent choice
I am thinking of buying this mobo too due to the fact I can now run DDR2 and when the price and speed of DDR3 drop, it will give me the upper hand.

Also check out the asus P5KC. (I believe it has 2 pci-e x16)

Are you telling me that you can put DDR3 memory modules into this motherboard ??? !
NVM
I was looking at the version that is DDR2 only ...
I see the extra sockets now!

Recently upgraded to this mobo and a 4300 and the ram listed above. Works well, just know that to manually change the RAM settings in bios you need to hit ctrl+F1 to get the options. Once I figured that out I have been able to hit 2.8ghz 315x9(stock cooler) and have the RAM at 475ish(posting from diff comp) 4-4-4-12. With different settings I had it up to 525ish at 5-5-5-15 but the lower speed with 4-4-4-12 gives better performance. Hope this helps.

Back