GA-MA770-UD3 BSOD after sleep mode.

ZenDragon

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3, recently purchsed, seems to run just fine until I try to put the machine in sleep mode. Upon returning from sleep mode I get a BSOD every time. This has persisted though several OS reinstalls, first Vista x32 then onto x64 and now in Windows 7 x64. Im pretty sure at this point that its not the OS, and I have zero problems with the motherboard otherwise, so Im somewhat at a loss here as to what could be causing this. Any ideas? Your assistance is very much appreciated!

I have the same mainboard with Windows XP. The few times I used sleep mode with it there were no issues. What are the other components in the system? My system has:

- GA-MA770-UD3
- 4 GB Corsair DDR2 4-4-4-12 (2 * 2 GB)
- 3 HDDs (1 IDE, two SATA)
- 8800 GTS 320
- Corsair VX 550 Watt
- IDE DVD Rewriter

I have the same mainboard with Windows XP. The few times I used sleep mode with it there were no issues. What are the other components in the system? My system has:

- GA-MA770-UD3
- 4 GB Corsair DDR2 4-4-4-12 (2 * 2 GB)
- 3 HDDs (1 IDE, two SATA)
- 8800 GTS 320
- Corsair VX 550 Watt
- IDE DVD Rewriter

Sorry for the delayed response... I have almost the exact same system with the exception of the power supply and I have an 8900GTS. I dont have internet access at home at the moment to check and post for sure, but I thin its a coolmax power supply. Im sure I could improve in that department. You think that might be causing it? Honestly thats the only component that has been consistent throughout other changes in the build. I guess that makes sense. *sigh* Good power supplies these days are so expensive.

CoolMax really is a bit of a hit or miss deal. Looking at the reviews at a site like Jonnyguru.com (recommended, BTW) for example, some CM PSUs are a downright hazard to the connected system, while other of their PSUs are pretty okay. What's the model you have?

Also, Corsair PSUs really aren't that expensive, I paid like 75 Euro for mine last year :)

Its an older Coolmax AP650X, Ive had this PSU for a while now, so far I havent had any problems with it. I know its not the greatest PSU I could have chosen but at the time, but it had decent reviews and the the features I needed. Anyhow, I dont have any problems otherwise, just this. I would imagine that if it where a bad power supply there would be other issues as well.

Regardless I was going to pick up on of these pretty soon here anyhow. I guess well see if the problem goes away then.

Can't go wrong with an Enermax PSU, yeah :)

Let us know how it goes :D

Back