GA-G33M-DS2R

Several popular mail order vendors already have stock, they just aren't allowed to list / sell them until June 4. On June 4, you'll see them at Newegg, etc.

I'm not so sure of this. I can't find it available at any distributor.

The GA-G33M-DS2R is now on Gigabyte's USA website. What is weird, however, is the other G33's are still only on the .Taiwan site.

I'm not so sure of this. I can't find it available at any distributor.
Gigabyte told me that their "Authorized Dealers" already have the board. These delears are only NewEgg, TigerDirect, MWave, and ClubIT. Is it possible that these dealers, because of their size, get their stock from distributors, or even direct from GA, that you can't buy from?

MWave has the new GA P35 board on their website with an estimated arrival date of 6/4 so what GA is telling people seems to make some sense.

Gigabyte told me that their "Authorized Dealers" already have the board. These delears are only NewEgg, TigerDirect, MWave, and ClubIT. Is it possible that these dealers, because of their size, get their stock from distributors, or even direct from GA, that you can't buy from?

MWave has the new GA P35 board on their website with an estimated arrival date of 6/4 so what GA is telling people seems to make some sense.

Perhaps this is true but none of the distributors are showing it on their website and normally they would but wouldn't have it available. D&H and ASI are much bigger than the dealers you mentioned and none of them have even ordered it from what I've heard.

On Gigabyte's website you'll find a link to their 'Authorized' dealers. If I remember correctly its labeled 'Where to buy' or something like that. Those dealers wont put it up though till June 4th though so you can look all you want but wont find it listed. I'd say start looking June 4th. It wouldn't surprise me if non-authorized stores have it on June 4th as well. Kinda depends on how Gigabyte handles shipments.

got it delivered today, installed and running :cool: had some difficulty with AHCI so intalling windows in normal mode, will see what it can do in an hour :)

I thought most E6600s could do 3.6Ghz? I up'd the CPU volt to 1.5v just to be save, once I have it prime stable I 'll lower the volt...yep, watercooled atm but only with 1 fan, will add another 2 once I have the bracket done.

also cpu-z cannot display my memory timming for some reason, any other software that I can try?

also I shoudl add, this is not the max fsb of this mobo...I 'm not sure how much my 667 memory can handle so just up the fsb to 400...I 'll try to increase FSB after I have it prime for a few hours:)

I wonder if I could OC my e6700 in Sugo with NT06 without fan, using the one in PSU above nt06... would it be enough?
maybe hitting 400MHz (CPU=4GHz) would be too much, but 3,6 at least...
Should I use other-better cooler? like zalman 7000 or blue orb?

I thought most E6600s could do 3.6Ghz? I up'd the CPU volt to 1.5v just to be save, once I have it prime stable I 'll lower the volt...yep, watercooled atm but only with 1 fan, will add another 2 once I have the bracket done.

also cpu-z cannot display my memory timming for some reason, any other software that I can try?
use the last cpuz1.40:
cropsf7.jpg

air cooling:
G7926copier.jpg

also I shoudl add, this is not the max fsb of this mobo...I 'm not sure how much my 667 memory can handle so just up the fsb to 400...I 'll try to increase FSB after I have it prime for a few hours:)

That's great mate! I ordered one too!:)
Can you show some pics of your mobo and whole rig?

On Gigabyte's website you'll find a link to their 'Authorized' dealers. If I remember correctly its labeled 'Where to buy' or something like that. Those dealers wont put it up though till June 4th though so you can look all you want but wont find it listed. I'd say start looking June 4th. It wouldn't surprise me if non-authorized stores have it on June 4th as well. Kinda depends on how Gigabyte handles shipments.

I called my reps at ASI and D&H today and both said that Gigabyte hasn't even given them a price yet so they haven't been able to order any. They both noted that Gigabyte claimed no one in the US had them.

Who knows though. I guess they will be out when they are out.

So Gigabyte is lying to us, I should have expected as much. How the heck can Asia and EU have them and we can't? Well, I can understand Asia but WTF?

So Gigabyte is lying to us, I should have expected as much. How the heck can Asia and EU have them and we can't? Well, I can understand Asia but WTF?
Big companies don’t always know what is happening in the department next door. Like Steve-o said, we’ll see.

I still want to see someone hit 500fsb on this board...

I think you will have to wait the next gen of matx board for c2d sleepeeg3!
an fsb@450 with this board is already awesome in my opinion!

One thing I still don't understand is the whole RAM divider thing. Time to ask a noob-ish question -

If I have an e4300 and some cheapo ddr2-667 memory, and get this motherboard when it finally comes out here in the US.... how fast would I be able to run the CPU, without this board having a 1/1 divider?

I do have a Permatex window defogger kit, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I'm looking for a board that gets my e4300 to 3GHz with the parts I already have, is it possible here?

Theoretically, at least 4.05GHz. Even though the 1:2 divider does not work, it looks like people are running it with a 4:5 divider, which just means you have less bandwidth.

I think someone was saying something about having problems with 800fsb CPUs, though...

yeah any info on the 4300 performance on this baord is appreciated. that is the proc i was gonna run too.

One thing I still don't understand is the whole RAM divider thing. Time to ask a noob-ish question -

If I have an e4300 and some cheapo ddr2-667 memory, and get this motherboard when it finally comes out here in the US.... how fast would I be able to run the CPU, without this board having a 1/1 divider?

I do have Permatex window defogger, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I'm looking for a board that gets my e4300 to 3GHz with the parts I already have, is it possible here?

Abit F-I90HD will get you to 3GHz. I have one of my two F-I90HD/4300 setups running at 334x9 at default VCore without any problems.

Abit F-I90HD will get you to 3GHz. I have one of my two F-I90HD/4300 setups running at 334x9 at default VCore without any problems.

I actually had an F-I90HD for a few days. The failure reports on this forum scared me into returning it to the store before I even opened the box! If there was a way to be sure of getting a "good one" of those, I'd have built my system weeks ago. This computer is going to be a workhorse I need to be able to rely on. I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there, but I didn't feel like gambling.

I'm hoping the wait pays off. Pluses for the GA-G33M-DS2R for me are native 1333 FSB which means support for future processors (or perhaps a BSEL mod to 1333 for my e4300 - if that works), two PCI slots, which are more useful than PCI-e to me right now, and firewire. I've had good experiences with both Abit and Gigabyte boards so far.

Gigabyte boards tend not to support BSEL mods, and there's been at least one report that this one is no exception.

I do have a Permatex window defogger kit, and I'm not afraid to use it!

with the e4300: good rams is necessary:
with an fsb@333
e4300:

ram@555
e6600

ram@415

Cheers pvkh - i will be running an E4300 myself initially.

With Corsair 5400 XMS2 matched pair - 667MHZ. What do you think?

Cheers pvkh - i will be running an E4300 myself initially.

With Corsair 5400 XMS2 matched pair - 667MHZ. What do you think?
if you have corsair 5400c4 rev5.7 as mine it will be possible to reach ram@555 'cause chips on it are micron D9gmh!

should not be a prob then on OCZ PC2-8000 then? 4300 should clock nicely? anyone got any thousand plus speed? to test 4300 with? really wanting to get this board and couple with some 1000's i have. seems like a good combo.

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!
Finish work at 19:00... there will be some serious OC going on tonight:D

Happy birthday to me!!

I think I will pick one of these up as soon as they become available :D

Back