GA-EP45-UD3P does not boot

kwatch

Weaksauce
My GA-EP45-UD3P with Q9550 would not boot suddenly this morning. It displays CPU information and hungs up. Ther is no beep. I cleared CMOS and swaped memory chips but did not work. What could be wrong? Thanks.

Take out all the memory and try to boot. See if you get any beeps then.

That is usually a dead CPU. Do you have access to another CPU to test with?

Probably not a dead CPU. Probably is a Gigabyte rolling reboot problem. This pops up all the time in the Gigabyte forum at Tweaktown.

first of all i dont think its a dead cpu... when have u ever heard of a DOA chip from intel... well if u have its probably really rare for it to happen... try to replace it with another mobo or RMA that thing and see what happens also try to put your cpu in another mobo as stated above if it doesnt boot well i guess it is a dead CPU but that like one in a million man... lol gues u ran outa luck if u do have a dead chip :p

first of all i dont think its a dead cpu... when have u ever heard of a DOA chip from intel... well if u have its probably really rare for it to happen... try to replace it with another mobo or RMA that thing and see what happens also try to put your cpu in another mobo as stated above if it doesnt boot well i guess it is a dead CPU but that like one in a million man... lol gues u ran outa luck if u do have a dead chip :p

The chip wasn't DOA. The OP stated it just happened out of the blue and was working fine previously. It could be a board issue but in my experience when a computer starts and restarts repeatedly, the CPU is the cause. RAM or peripheral issues usaully cause the board to fail to post, not start then reboot.

I had a similar problem...it turned out to somehow be a problem with my dvd drive. With that hooked up every once in awhile it would do this and Id have to leave it for a day or so for it to work again. Good luck!

did you reset the cmos yet? if you ahvent well take the cmos battery out leave it for a minute or two then put it back in. then see what happens.

Unplug any USB drive and to play it safe unplug all usb devices except keyboard and mouse. try that.

Back