GA-965P-DS3 rev C2 shipping?

Yacko

n00b
I got my new GA-965P-DS3 motherboard today, was looking at CPU-Z and found this:

MBVer.jpg

uh, whats the difference? I see it came with the F6 bios stock right?

He's referring to the C2 revision of the P965 chipset. Most if not all of the boards shipping this month feature the new C2 revision chipset.

newls1 said:
uh, whats the difference? I see it came with the F6 bios stock right?

No it actually came with the F4 bios, I upgraded it to the F6 bios. I am not sure of what the differences are yet I am still researching it. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

C2 revision is much better for high FSB speeds. The thread at XS goes into further detail.

Yacko said:
I got my board from NewEgg I ordered on the October 25th.

Sure about that? ;) Are you in for a business venture? Since i really want to have my share if your time machine goes into mass production :D

mavalpha said:
C2 revision is much better for high FSB speeds. The thread at XS goes into further detail.
link to thread please? this may affect if i buy a brand new one or a used one from some one.

mavalpha said:
From what I read it only fixes two errors. I don't think C2 is any better for high FSB speeds than the C1. I'm not 100% sure though.

MakubexGB said:
From what I read it only fixes two errors. I don't think C2 is any better for high FSB speeds than the C1. I'm not 100% sure though.
and what are those 2 errors?

i've been seeing few 500+fsb oc on the old c-1 of the 965 in the gigabyte s3 .

this might be an improvement we all hope . check over at "rebels haven"

Back