GA-965P-DS3 question

FuriaRi0T

n00b
I'm having a problem with this MOBO... Mainly the sound. I've gone through all the steps, double checking drivers, making sure I've not missed anything...

I have a 5.1 surround system, and I'm not getting any sound out of this thing. I don't think the boards putting any sound at all, because when I try to play a sound file it's telling me there's none there.

Could anyone help?

Sorry... Just realized I clicked into the wrong section. meant to place this inside the MOBO section.

Are you using onboard audio or a creative card? If you have both, I highly suggest you disable the onboard in bios. Here are my suggestion:

1) Click on Start --> Control Panel
2) Double click on Sound and Audio Devices
3) The sound and audio devices properties should come up. It has 7 tab.
4) On the Volume tab, what does it say next to the volume icon?
5) If it show " No Device," then you need to enable it in the bios.

I'm trying to use the onboard for now. I'll try to see if they're enabled in the BIOS... I believe I went through everything in the BIOS and set it.

I may just end up getting a seperate soundcard anyways, so I'm not to worried about it. Thanks for the help everyone!

FuriaRi0T said:
I'm trying to use the onboard for now. I'll try to see if they're enabled in the BIOS... I believe I went through everything in the BIOS and set it.

I may just end up getting a seperate soundcard anyways, so I'm not to worried about it. Thanks for the help everyone!

I have the same board. Mine works. Did you install the drivers from the CD that came with your board?

Thanks newls1... That's the problem I was encountering. I haven't installed the Microsoft drivers at all... It doesn't much matter anyway though, as I have a soundcard coming in the mail tomorrow. Thank you all so much for the help!

FuriaRi0T said:
Thanks newls1... That's the problem I was encountering. I haven't installed the Microsoft drivers at all... It doesn't much matter anyway though, as I have a soundcard coming in the mail tomorrow. Thank you all so much for the help!
your welcome ;)

Back