GA 965G-ds3 overclocking weirdness

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
Ok, so im following the overclocking guide for the 965 chipset.
It worked well as far as getting it setup manually at stock speeds. When I ran cpu-z it all looked good except the speed was 2.4ghz. I look at the multiplier and its at 12(i have it set to 14 in bios). I am wonder WTF. I run orthos and boom it jumps to 14 and 2.8ghz, stop orthos, it goes back to 12x and 2.4ghz. Is there some bios setting for clocking down? Any help would be appreciated.

System is my main machine in sig.

Your BIOS is set to automatically adjust your VID and multiplier when needed. It is in your BIOS setup something like.....hang on, rebooting to check the actual terminology!:D

In your BIOS, look in the M.I.B. (motherboard intelligent tweaker bios or something) settings and go to C.I.A.2 and DISABLE it.....that way the board can't automatically change your VID and multiplier ratio.

This on the C2D's is kind of like the Cool-n-Quiet for AMD cpu's.....

In your BIOS, look in the M.I.B. (motherboard intelligent tweaker bios or something) settings and go to C.I.A.2 and DISABLE it.....that way the board can't automatically change your VID and multiplier ratio.

This on the C2D's is kind of like the Cool-n-Quiet for AMD cpu's.....

I disabled that and the cpu host clock control.

Whats weird is the 14x should be not be highlighted? I can choose between 12x and 14x.
I think i need to get the 965p motherboard....

Thanks for the help.

look for speedstep / c1e / eist in bios and disable. I can't remember which the ds3 has, it's been too long

Back