G80, Vista + Flight Sim X

phez

n00b
Anyone try out Flight Sim X ?

... you know, considering its one the many DX10 compatible titles available :rolleyes:

I am very interested to see how the new DX10 pipeline fares.

It's not DX10 yet... you probably knew that but just to be sure. MS/ACES will have to release a patch for it. And to fix all the other problems, of course.

i read reports that FSX runs better under Vista Directx 9 then XP DX9.

Actually no, I did not know that! The game doesn't actually support DX10?

Right this second you'll have to wait.
Those of us running Vista and a G80 have had to ghetto install the latest XP drivers just even get the system to recognize the card. Admittedly Vista isn't done yet, but I find it amusing that these retail cards didn't even have a beta driver for what's supposed to the the de-facto new OS in just 2 months.

Domingo said:
Right this second you'll have to wait.
Those of us running Vista and a G80 have had to ghetto install the latest XP drivers just even get the system to recognize the card. Admittedly Vista isn't done yet, but I find it amusing that these retail cards didn't even have a beta driver for what's supposed to the the de-facto new OS in just 2 months.

Actually Vista is done... RTM'ed yesterday or today in fact.

I think it will be awhile before we see really decent Vista drivers for either camp though, let alone for the G80 based boards specifically. :)

Blue Falcon said:
Actually Vista is done... RTM'ed yesterday or today in fact.

I think it will be awhile before we see really decent Vista drivers for either camp though, let alone for the G80 based boards specifically. :)

Yeah, sadly I don't even want decent drivers right now...I just want some that'll install the G80, period.
Right now the only way to use a G80 with Vista is to install the XP drivers via the device manager or just use the "VGA Adapter" driver built into the system. Using either, gaming is an impossibility. I don't care if I get even 1/2 the performance of XP...I'd just like to see them add the G80 support to their last driver released almost a month ago.

Back