G80 Benchmark Bone-Ons..

Seems like GEFORCE 7950 GX2 is similar or close to performance of G8800 GTX. Lets see when ATI R600 comes and nVIDIA comes out with Improved generation of DX 10 cards. These first DX10 will phase out sooner then u think.

Uhh, so it roughly doubles the previous generation (except for 7950GX2). Gee, just like every other new video card in ALL HISTORY. Big deal..who didn't expect as much?

from what I heard, the 8800gtx is getting a average of 10k-12k on a stock C2D system in 3dmark06. Just when I thought that getting my PD 830 to get in the 9k nvidia makes me want to invest again... Any body know if there are going to be other vendors at launch besides Evga? :confused:

All of the regulars will be launching, at Fry's in Indianapolis I was told that they already had BFG cards and expect the others to arrive any day now.

Sharky974 said:
Uhh, so it roughly doubles the previous generation (except for 7950GX2). Gee, just like every other new video card in ALL HISTORY. Big deal..who didn't expect as much?
It's true that large increases such as this are not unusual, but it's also happened many times that the increase is small (GeForce 3 to GeForce 4 or TNT to TNT2), or non-existant, but has new features that people want (GeForce 2 Ultra to GeForce 3). It's also always a possibility that a new card will be an utter disaster like the GeForce FX series, the first Radeons (I had one, artifact and driver incompatibilities galore), or the Parhelia (only a disaster for gamers who thought it would be a third pillar of competition, was a good card for other uses). I think people are just glad to see that this one will be like the last two new architectures.

MCRAYGSX said:
Seems like GEFORCE 7950 GX2 is similar or close to performance of G8800 GTX. Lets see when ATI R600 comes and nVIDIA comes out with Improved generation of DX 10 cards. These first DX10 will phase out sooner then u think.
erm how you figure that when its 50-90% faster the 1950xtx?the 7950gx2 isnt that much faster then the 1950xtx,i think you got your numbers quite mixed.

MORYSM said:
from what I heard, the 8800gtx is getting a average of 10k-12k on a stock C2D system in 3dmark06. Just when I thought that getting my PD 830 to get in the 9k nvidia makes me want to invest again... Any body know if there are going to be other vendors at launch besides Evga? :confused:

the 10-12k numbers are on quad CPUs not core 2 duo,C2D on stock clocks should get around 8 or max 9k in 3dmark06.

Nuvian said:
the 10-12k numbers are on quad CPUs not core 2 duo,C2D on stock clocks should get around 8 or max 9k in 3dmark06.

Since when has 3D mark been optimised for multiple threads...let alone a CPU that isnt even out yet

defiant007 said:
Since when has 3D mark been optimised for multiple threads...let alone a CPU that isnt even out yet
3dmark 06 is multi threaded, more or less.

Back