G70 Aqua Computer Project

nor can i :D gonna look awesome. if u dont mind me asking how much did this build cost?

So after two days of testing, I found out that Asus Striker Extreme board will not run 4 GB of ram on Vista 64-bit. I even tried updating the bios and still nothing but every time I had 2 GB their would be no issues. I tried contacting Asus but they blamed the issue on Vista and didn't offer any help. I tried the same setup in an EVGA board and it work. I tried a second Asus board and still the same issue would come up, a blue screen and then the system rest.

I want everyone to know this since it may be a bigger issue. Get the EVGA since it is more stable and can handle the 4 GB of ram. I know that the Striker board works with OCZ SLi ram but not sure on the stability of it. We ran into issues with Corsair and Crucial Ram at this point with Asus when 4 GB was used but no issues with 2 GB. When the same test was done with EVGA board their was no issues. I ran memtest on all sticks of ram to make sure it was not an issue with the ram.

Here is a thread I started on this issue:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030715710&posted=1#post1030715710

Well thats a pain in the ass, the case is looking great so far though.

Back