• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

G500 vs Deathadder.

Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
43
Which do you like more?

Also do all the deathadders have rubberized sides, or just the 2013 edition, because I like rubber, makes my mouse look less cheap.
 
Just the 2013. The older versions have the glossy finish.

The G500 is bigger and taller. I tried one for a week and could never get comfortable with it. It was weird but I never could get my pinky finger to comfortably rest anywhere. Its an excellent mouse and worked great but I could just never get used to it.

The Deathadder is the most comfortable mouse on the planet to me. YMMV of course depending on the size and shape of your hand but I think its just awesome!

Sensor wise, Id have to give an ever so slight edge to the G500 but its mounted on forward position on the mouse and that takes a little getting used to. I prefer the sensor in the middle more. The G500 also feels more solid and better built.

If you like a taller mouse, the G500 might be for you but if you like a smaller or at least shorter mouse then the DA is the way to go.
 
I had a DeathAdder for some time and loved it. I also think it looks A LOT nicer than the G500, if that matters at all :).

Have since switched to a G700 though, can no longer deal with corded mice.
 
How 'bout the Corsair M60.

Seems good to me, all metal, and cheaper than the 2013 deathadder?
 
G500 has my vote.

I used one up until grabbing a G700, which is uber-fan-freaking-tastic :)
 
oh man. I own both of these. I love them both.

Currently razer drivers are annoying cause they connect to the internet to work. You can offline mode the drivers but that resets each reboot.

I am using the g500 cause I wanted the extra buttons.

I prefer the sensor on the deathadder.

g500 has better weight but the size feels good on the DA.

I wish they made a wired version of the MX revolution.
 
Gotta agree. I own a G400 too (I have a mouse fetish) and I like it much better than the G500. More comfortable and better overall feel.

I thought it was nice to see they brought back their famed MX510/518 styling myself, and the sensor on it is beastly.
 
Still using my old 1800 dpi deathadder and love it.
 
This one is easy for me: Deathadder

I am looking at this as a low sensitivity arena FPS player.

The G500 is too heavy with an odd weight distribution. The sensor is not centered but moved towards the front compared to most other mice. The sensor had known acceleration issues, and does not track well on cloth. The mousewheel is impossible imo. It is good for browsing and non-gaming things because of the smooth scroll option and sideways scroll etc. However, as a gaming mousewheel I found it useless, because it is so terribly hard to click.

If you enjoy the shape of the G500, then I would suggest the G400, who does not share any of these issues, is cheaper , and has an objectively superior sensor.

The deathadder (or at least the 3G and 3.5G) do not have any of these issues either.
 
Just the 2013. The older versions have the glossy finish.

The Black Edition that predated the 2013 revision also has rubber-coated sides.

Count yet another vote for the DeathAdder, but it really depends on the comfort level of your hands. I've yet to find a mouse as comfortable as the DeathAdder's form factor that also has one of the best sensors available on a mouse. I will say that Logitech's customer service is second to none though. You won't get that kind of treatment with Razer, that's for sure.
 
I have a strong preference for the deathadder. looking at it from the perspective of a low sensitivity FPS player.

G500 imo,
-Way too heavy (even without the optional weights, who would want to do that? )
-Horrible scroll wheel that is impossible to click and loose and wobbly.
-Sensor is not located in the center. I could get used to it, but do not want to.
-Laser sensor that has negative acceleration on cloth

The deathadder would be the better option. Though when compared with the G400, I think the Deathadder and G400 are on par with each other. Both have an optical sensor without prediction or acceleration, and none of the issues mentioned for the G500.
 
Back
Top