G5 Mouse, back/forward in firefox?

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Now this may sound really stupid but....i can't seem to get the scroll wheel's left/right working to make it go back and forward in firefox or explorer or x2plorerer. im pretty sure it used to work before, i just updated the drivers today, and now it doesn't work =/ Its assigned as Back and Forward in the setpoint settings, but it just doesn't work, any ideas or am I just imagining things?

I have the exact same problem I cant go left or right on a page. At first I thought the software was installed but it was so I am asking to help ;)

I have yet to find any application that will use the left/right scroll on my Logitech mice.

Get "All Mouse Gestures" as an add-on; gives you mouse rocker functionality (hold Left-click Right > Forward, hold Right-click Left > Back) and might enable the use of those extra buttons. Personally the mouse rocker functionality is all I require and it does that wonderfully.

I use the rocker function and gestures personally, and the left and right to cycle through tabs, but there is a way to make it work the way you want still. The great thing about SetPoint is the ability to set keyboard macros to mouse buttons.
What you will want to do is set Alt+Left to the left scroll, and Alt+Right scroll. This is a common back/forward key sequence and should work perfectly in IE as well, for those rare times you have to use it.

i'm using just the setpoint software and i can get right/left scroll to be my back/forward buttons. i'm using version 3.30 XP

Another vote for Mouse Gestures. First Google result - same back/forward option as Opera, makes browsing a cinch.

Another vote for Mouse Gestures. First Google result - same back/forward option as Opera, makes browsing a cinch.

I agree that gestures are an amazing way to navigate through the internet, but your missing the point of having all the extra buttons. If you macro the buttons, then combine it with something like AutoHotKey, you can have custom mouse layouts dependent on what program you are using. So setting the left and right scroll on the mouse to cycle tabs in Firefox would also be able to jump backwards and forwards in media player. A properly setup configuration can be an amazing thing.

I believe the traditional "Back" and "Forward" keystrokes are Alt-Left_Arrow for back and Alt-Right_Arrow for forward. If nothing else, try assigning the buttons to those keystrokes. I'm not at home, so I can't check how I've got my G5 set up, but I do have the middle right-scroll set for forwarding the page in FF. For Back, I just use the "Back" thumb key.

Back