G5 Laser mouse problems in windows XP 64bit SP2

Galvin

2[H]4U
The mouse hardware is fine since it works perfect under windows XP 32bit.
The problem is when I play World of Warcraft under windows XP 64bit.
The mouse pointer will move faster when going to the left and up.
But at least 2x slower going in the opposite direction.

So something in Windows XP 64bitis giving my mouse 2 different speeds on the same axis.

I have the nvidia 64bit drivers installed for 64bit windows
Sound drivers as well, graphics. All 64bit driver versions installs.

Hoping that I can fix this, otherwise its back to windows 32bit again.
Currently running 32bit windows atm.

System:
Asus M2NS32-SLI deluxe 1101 bios
2gigs of ram
G5 laser mouse
Nvidia 590amd sli chipset

I'm not 100% sure this would work, but I know that the "CPL Mouse fix" that I've used in 32-bit since I found out about it seems to have acceleration smoothing regitry values for both axis.

Look on google for cpl_mousefix.zip

Also, have you tried tweaking the options for smooth mouse in the windows control panel, and hareware cursor in WoW?

Just some suggestions for you to try in the meantime

I tried that cpl fix before. It doesn't fix the problem I have.

There is a smooth mouse option under hardware mouse in world of warcraft, but that didn't fix it.

But dont remember seeing a "smooth mouse" option in windows.

You have the logitech software installed? Is it set for Setpoint implementation or OS implementation for the mouse settings. If it's set to OS, try using the setpoint and adjust the settings to your liking, then load WoW again.

I fixed the problem. For some reason if the mouse sensitivity in WoW drops below 1.0 the mouse starts slowing down when being moved left/up directions.

Soon as its set to 1.0 or higher the problem goes away. I never noticed this happening under windows 32bit.

Also a similar thing happens if you go into the mouse setting in control panel and turn on enhanced pointer position then turn down the speed a lot. You'll get faster movement in one direction only.

Anyway problem solved, all is good on this part.

Thanks for helping.

Just found out that on the desktop if I go into mouse speed settings in the logitech settings. And set it one notch down from the middle the same problem happens. Except its not in anygame.

So from what I gather if mouse speed goes below a certain point the mouse movement starts getting fast in just one direction.

This behavior doesn't exist in windows xp 32bit. So i'm guessing a bug in something, but can be worked around I think.

Did a little more testing, mouse speed in logitech or in the control panel if its anything below half. The mouse will start showing the same behavior as it did in WoW except everywhere.
Going to try and google a fix for this, but for now I can deal with it.

Ok I finally fixed the whole issue. In the logitech settings. If I turn on OS implementation and set mouse speed to below half. The mouse speed starts messing up by being faster in one direction only.

Now if I turn on Setpoint implementation, I can go below half on the mouse speed and the mouse still stays at the same speed in all directions.

In World of Warcraft sensitivity still needs to be "1" or higher.
Also if you change the mouse speed in the windows control panel the mouse speed bug will appear again.

So the work around is to have the setpoint drivers control the mouse speed while leaving the windows control panel mouse speed set in the middle.

I dont think this ever happened under windows 32bit. I spent around 2 hours working on this. What a pain :)

Back