G2460PG worth it for a year or two?

Raendor

Gawd
Hello guys,

I've currently built a new PC (6700k, 16GB 2666, 500 GB SSD and other good stuff), but my main problem is gpu/monitor choice. I'm really choosing between 970/G2460PG combo or going all the way with Xb271hu/PG279Q/980ti. I'm more leaning towards first option as I wan't to spend more on a 16nm Pascal later as I'm looking forward to all the new things updated process and memory should bring and hope by that time 144 HZ Ips panels with g-sync/freesync will at least get rid of all those massive QC problems if not getting cheaper. In the second case i will also have to wait November/December or even later release/stock availability.

Do you think G2460PG is an OK placeholder monitor? Does anybody here have an experince of gaming on it? It has a nice $350-400 price these days.

I know there is also supposed to be a freesync G2460PF even cheaper alternative which I could pair with r9 390, but I'm afraid it won't be available soon in the US.

Anyway, will appreciate your opinions.

Lack of Custom options on OSD on screen Display is one of the reason I would stay away from AOC monitors.

IMO if you really want to just hold out till next year's GPU/monitor offerings, I would get a GTX 960 and an LG 24GM77 for some additional cost savings. The GPU and monitor cost about $100 less each so you'll save about $200 going with that combo instead.

Well I want to save but I don't want to harm my gaming experience that much. 970/g2460pg looks for me as a rational combo so those 200 are not that much comparing to 350 more for 980ti and 400-450 more for 27" ips gsync. I really was looking for somebody's experience with g2460pg. I could definitely save it as a secondary monitor for competitive fps games, while playing single games like witcher on a bigger non-tn monitor in the future when next gen arrives and x70/x80 will be like 980ti is now for their respective price.

Back