G15 V1 for 47.99 free shipping @50$ w/code

grabbed one of these. was delivered on thursday or friday last week. great sensitivity on the keys. only thing i dont like about it is the little key next to the "z" on the left. because of its location, the left shift key is half its size. that bothers me a bit.

otherwise its a great kb. but ill probably plug in my warrantied saitek eclipse and stick to that once i get it.

grabbed one of these. was delivered on thursday or friday last week. great sensitivity on the keys. only thing i dont like about it is the little key next to the "z" on the left. because of its location, the left shift key is half its size. that bothers me a bit.

otherwise its a great kb. but ill probably plug in my warrantied saitek eclipse and stick to that once i get it.

I have a US version and was tempted by this deal tp purchase another one until I confirmed the shift key. The different labels I could get away with, touch typist, but that was deal breaker for me.
Still a good deal.

im thinking of just remapping the key to be another shift key. right now when i press it, they input is "\" which i dont use all that often.

if i make both keys shift, i think it'll be ok. still gonna be kinda weird to have the gap between the keys though.

how the heck did you guys wear the "keys" down on the original G15? I've had mine since it came out years ago and paid the $100 gladly when it did and non of my keys are worn off. Actually, I don't think it's possible since they aren't painted on in the first place.

All the keys have a blue LED under them on mine and the actual "letter" part of the key is opaque plastic not paint. Meaning the letter part of the key is just a different type of plastic that lets the light through. which makes it impossible to wear off the key.

The only worn part of mine is that the little wrist rest that is attached to the bottom of mine has the black plastic worn down some so the black looks a bit shinier where I typically put my wrists/palms.

If you have a lot of oil on your hands you can slowly wear the painting off the keys.

The keys are actually clear, then painted black except for the letter.

The way the keyboard is designed is it has 12 very bright lights at the bottom, and a giant plastic piece overlays the lights and holds the keyboard component, the lights illuminate the plastic and voila.

It's actually pretty simple to change out the lights.

Another thing I've noted from taking apart my G11, is that you can actually take the silver part with the keys out, as thats seperate from the black components, so for example, you could merge the silver kb component from a G11 keyboard with the rest of the G15 components and have yourself a US English G15 KB brand new, albeit with a bit of modifications.

I bought one of the English/Italian versions from geeks.com last month or so on a whim hoping that the keys were not that much different. They are just to different for my liking. If someone wants to buy mine you can have it for $20 shipped. I still have the original box and everything; send me a PM if your interested.

Tempted to pick one up since the space bar broke on my old g15 (not a defect, It just has alot of millage on it lol)

Back