G15 takes a beer bath...

So long story short: last night in a show of flailing acrobatics I managed to dump a full pint of beer right onto my beloved G15. I think if it were the generic beer that most people drink I'd be okay as it's mostly water... but I don't drink that crap. No it's a nice thick and sticky Yakima Glory by Victory Brewing Co.

After chastising myself for Alcohol abuse I allowed the G15 to drip dry in the bathtub for a few hours then finally with a few blasts from the air compressor to get the last few drops out of it. Thinking it was dry I plugged it in to find the lights going off and on while the LCD was frantically changing programs. During that not-so-impressive display I didn't bother to try checking to see if the keys were responsive or not. :(

So what are my options other than getting an new board? Distilled water? Sippy Cups? :D

Edit: Found a disassembly guide... I'll perform surgery tonight and try to clean it up.

http://www3.webng.com/Darkman1969/g15_disassembly_guide__dgephri.htm

Last edited:
I suppose I could drink more Scotch and less beer... Those glasses are less likely to tip over. :D

I'm hoping the buttons are just gummed up. But if it's shorting out then I don't know if I can fix that... May have to put the board to rest.

I had a similar incident with Red Stripe and a Filco board. I sold the Filco, but the guy who bought it used distilled water to clean it. Worked perfectly to fix the board.

ouch, I still have my G15 (2nd generation with the orange keys) and i would hate for that to happen.

But hell, at lest it died happy...

Cool, I had a dairy farm in Yakima Washington.

I used to ride my motocross bike along all these hop fields.

Yakima Valley is getting very famous for wine and beer, it's crazy.

You from Yakima?

disassemble

wash good, tap water fine

let dry 2 days

reassemble

My G15 had some vodka/redbull spilled onto it. I took it apart, cleaned it very well used air compressor and it eventually after a couple days was functioning.

3 months later some really weird shit has been going on.

The G15 Macro program that controls the programmable G keys automatically starts to record my keystrokes and then randomly plays them back on it's own.

Very crazy, I looked at some of the recorded macro keys and there's a ton of WASDWADAADWEEEWWWWWWADWADWWWSHIFTSPACETABWASDWAWDSHIFTSPACE, etc

I was in the heli in BC2 when this happened last night, i was like wtf Ive lost control and my freaking macro drove me right into the water lol.

So since this has been happening Ive disable the macro G15 from running in the background.

Back