G1 - Transferring Files

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
Any tips on moving photos and such from the G1 to PC? I hook it up to the USB cable and get nothing!

Manual says to check settings for SD card & phone storage and click on 'enable USB" or whatever. I see no option to do that when I go there. Just gives total storage amounts, option to unmount/eject SD card, or do a factory reset.

Do you see the notification after you plug it in on the top?

It should give you the option to "Mount USB".

I did that on the notification bar and when I did, the photo I had on the SD card disappeared! I was viewing photos when I mounted. Still didn't see anything in windows. When I disconnected the USB cable, the photo popped back up on the pictures screen. The mount notification also says to mount to enable copying files from PC to phone, but doesn't mention the other way? This is effed up! Any other phone I've had just pops right up, or has windows software to help out.

I had a similar problem trying to get stuff copied off the card. I didn't realize I had to click the "mount" button. Only what happened with mine is windows would recognize when I plugged the phone in, but the drive would show up as empty when I tried to open it (until I mounted it). Have you tried checking in the device manager to make sure it is being recognized? Or possibly trying to manually do a "new hardware" check?

When you click on the notifications bar, you clicked on mount and still didn't see the card on "My Computer"? Then try another USB wire or another USB Port.

It has to work, and you CANNOT view anything on the sdcard via the phone if it is mounted on the PC, if you see it, then its not mounted. :D

When you click on the notifications bar, you clicked on mount and still didn't see the card on "My Computer"? Then try another USB wire or another USB Port.

It has to work, and you CANNOT view anything on the sdcard via the phone if it is mounted on the PC, if you see it, then its not mounted. :D

+1. If that doesn't work, buy a microSD card adapter.

Back