G-SYNC Monitior Options - What to do

mmarsh

Limp Gawd
Guys

I have 2 780 in SLi I wanted to do a triple monitor g-sync surround system. Unfortunately I found out later this isn't possible as G-Sync is only possible with displayport, and my cards only have one DisplayPort each.

Adapters and Display port MTS and confirmed not to work with G-Sync.

This leaves me 4 options.

1. I have a full tower case, I could buy a 3rd 780 and run triple SLi, (only possible if there is room enough in the case as it requires moving the PSU to make space for the 3rd Card). Most expensive option.

2. Forget G-SYNC and get 3 normal monitors. The cheapest option.

3. Forget Surround and get a large 27-30" G-Sync monitor when they eventually arrive.

4. Get 2 G-SYNC monitors and a 3rd Normal one and use surround. Not ideal but i'd get G-Sync on 2 of 3 monitors

Your thoughts on what to do?

What i both would do, and did (and would do again), is to get 3x eizo FG2421.
I'm a big supporter of g-sync tech, but there is just no monitor coming that can compete with the eizo.

Especially considering g-sync and strobing can't be combined yet.
(With the GPU power you have, strobing should be your choice over g-sync anyway).

Yeah just use what you have ...wait to see if they have adapters or something.
Gsync won't change your diapers but I could be wrong.

Gsync is pretty cool, but I agree with the others here and would tell you to keep what you have for now. Wait until the real monitors come out.

Get a single ASUS VG248QE G-Sync monitor as the center primary one and 2 IPS monitors like the ASUS VS239H-P for the surround setup.

You won't be staring at the surround monitors so it's not necessary for those to be G-Sync monitors. This is also going to be the most economical setup for you as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back