G Sync, HDR, and IPS

The only ones I can think of are the 4K 144Hz monitors by ASUS and Acer. They may have announced an ultra wide version as well. They won't be here until sometime next year though.

Rumor has it that 144Hz 4K IPS panels won't be making a major appearance until Q1, and monitors in Q2/2018. Probably in 27", 32" (and possibly 40"/42" sizes in Q3/Q4 2018), besides the models mentioned above (Asus Rog Swift PG27UQ, Acer Predator X27, and AOC ACON AG273UG).

The tech is pretty bleeding-edge (relatively speaking), so has some "teething" issues to be worked on.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17

Are those going to be IPS though? I thought that they were going to be VA.

I won't go back to a pure "PC monitor" until they can deliver more than 100Hz at 4K with G-Sync on a screen larger than 40".

Last edited:
Are those going to be IPS though? I thought that they were going to be VA.

AHVA. That's IPS. I thought the 32" was going to be VA but TFTcentral is saying AHVA for that one too now soo...

Hopefully the FALD isn't as hilariously bad as on the Dell that came out recently (I want to believe it's one of the reasons they delayed them).

edit : nvm I was confused, there is ALSO a 35" inch VA panel with similar features announced.

Last edited:
The only ones I can think of are the 4K 144Hz monitors by ASUS and Acer. They may have announced an ultra wide version as well. They won't be here until sometime next year though.

Those are the only ones I have been able to find. I want to upgrade soon, so I will probably pull the trigger on the Asus PG27UQ when as soon as it releases. I really wanted to go ultrawide, but it's looking like it may be a few years until all of my boxes are checked, so to speak, on an ultrawide.

Back