G.Skill Trident F4-3200C14-16GTZ not stable on Asrock Z370

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello

I hate two sticks of Trident F4-3200C14-16GTZ and today I upgraded my motherboard.

I went from Asus Z170 Deluxe to Asrock Z370 Pro Gaming i7.

On Asus Z170 everything was perfectly stable I just enabled XMP profile and everything worked.

On Asrock Z370 I can’t get the G.Skill ram to work correctly at all, even though the motherboard is listed on your website as QVL tested and approved.

Enabling the XMP, I get OC failed warning and ram goes back to 2133mhz

I tried raising voltage on few components that might help with memory stability nothing helps, always drops to 2133mhz

Tried lowering to 3000mhz/2800mhz, still nothing OC failed and back to 2133mhz.

make sure you have latest bios. Asrock boards often ship with immature bios's and I've found bios updates help a lot. I should really say any manufacturer, but I run several Asrock boards and have noticed this trend.

Also, as other poster said, try upping system agent voltage and there's another one, VCCIO I think you may need to tweak a bit. I think I read some ddr4 overclocking articles and found that info when I was messing with mine.

Or consider returning that mobo. Asrock doesn’t have the best reputation anyway and I certainly wouldn’t be happy with what you are experiencing.

I have said ram in a Z370 Taichi and works fine with XMP. Currently running at DDR4-3270 CL14-14-14-34 (makes up for my poor CPU sample, i5-8600K @ 4.8GHz 1.33v).

You do use slot 2 and 4 right? as in 2nd and 4th slot from the left. (I imagine this might be overlooked in some cases possibly)

Back