G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Quad Channel Kit

kandor

Gawd
Hi,

I want to put this kit in my P67 sabertooth. It has a 2600k at 4.7 ghz in it. And I need a ram upgrade.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Quad Channel Kit (F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL)

Anyone have experience with this?

Should work fine with your system.

Any reason why you need 32gb RAM?

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Yes I need more that 16 for either FEA or occasional rendering of displaments. FEA benefits speedwise from having lots of ram although 16 is usually enough but just barely. Time to compute on 8gbs can be 13 hours, same analysis on 16gbs is 20min. 32 is just a little future proofing plus it seems affordable.

If you need it by all means get it.

Many people here tend to get it simply because they want to, not because they need it. I was just making sure OP was not one of those people.

I have experience with this kit. If for some reason your CPU usage shoots up after it's installed it may be a conflict with the Rapid Storage Technology or Intel Manaagement engine software. just watch your CPU usage after you install it.

It's not the kit. I just had a conflict in my Z68 mobo. After I reinstalled the software everything was fine.

If you need it by all means get it.

Many people here tend to get it simply because they want to, not because they need it. I was just making sure OP was not one of those people.

np Tsumi, it's true! The only downside is that I could get a speedier kit if I stayed with 16gb than I can afford in the 32gb kits.

np Tsumi, it's true! The only downside is that I could get a speedier kit if I stayed with 16gb than I can afford in the 32gb kits.

A speed faster than 1600 mhz CAS 10 won't really net you any benefits on an IB platform ;)

Typical gains with a faster memory kit with IB/SB is on the order of 3% or less, depending on the speed chosen.

That's good to know, because I was just thinking about going for this instead of what I had posted because it's CAS 9 without any real idea of whether it's worth it. The RAM in the system currently is 2100mhz mushkin blackline. (4x2).

These are my options unless someone has a better kit they know of I think I'll stick with the G.skill....
KEo9G.png

or
2qY5Z.png

I do not think the timing difference is worth the price difference since timing differences are nearly meaningless in most applications.

With IB, the difference is marginal, and you wasted your money getting 2100 mhz RAM over 1600 mhz.

Go with the CL10.

I'm sure! At the time I was thinking oc headroom or I was thinking that 2100 ram would be more stable in an overclocked system running at say 1600 that native 1600 would be... but I was just guessing.

Just thought I'd add in that there are memory limits depending on which version of windows 7 you're using(assuming you're using win 7) as this caught me off guard when upgrading recently.

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

Back