G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 $74.99 FS w/2GB flash drive

The monster deal is in the combos. A bunch of P67 boards down there with 30 dollar discounts and the $25 off code still stacks. That's 55 bucks off of DDR3 and a P67 board.

It's too bad that microcenter deal for a 2500k & 1TB HDD isn't still running. Free 1TB HDD plus this combo would've been sweet. I guess I could wait until BD though and hope prices drop further.

The monster deal is in the combos. A bunch of P67 boards down there with 30 dollar discounts and the $25 off code still stacks. That's 55 bucks off of DDR3 and a P67 board.

You aren't joking..i just put it in my cart and its 195 shipped for a Asus P8p67, the G.skill, and a free flash drive. My credit card is scared!

I already have the 16gig ordered, but I'm still thinking of buying the combo of this and the sabertooth mobo :(.. I hope they still have this combo over the weekend.

Great set of memory. I'm using them in my current rig and I haven't had a single issue with them.

Last edited:
anyone used these at 24GB (6x4GB) in a x58 system? My VM machines are screaming at me for more memory....

I have not used 24gb of all this stuff but i have the 4x4 kit of this exact ram and a 2x4 kit of the other variant of ripjaw the 1.65 v stuff. And it worked at 24GB for me in a GA-X58A-UD3R. I only wish I could use all the ram I have LOL. In my experience X58 is very flexible with RAM I have popped in all sorts of combinations in the 2 x58 boards I have. 2gb, and 4gb dimms in all sorts of configs and never had any problems. P67 on the other hand I have had problems with.

Bah, it's hard to resist, 8gigs of very good memory and a P67 sabertooth for only $295 :eek:

Yea I bit, damn this site :(

Zcwyl.png

8GB kits seem to be hovering at $75 now. I just hope they get even lower when I build a new computer this summer.

Sandy Bridge is the worst thing that's happened to my bank account in recent history. :)

I built 3 new SB systems! And I'm sure I'll refresh one of 'em when x79/IB hits!

Yea I finally bit the bullet after building a few sandy systems for customers, my Q6600 just feels slow now. It's not actually slow as it does everything I need it to just fine, it's just that their systems are so damn fast :\ Went with a 2600k+Noctua NH-D14 for a max air overclock. That paired with a Sabertooth will hopefully give it some decent resale value down the line. Now, who wants a rock solid Q6600 @ 3.8ghz on air? :)

I don't have any reason to upgrade as my current system plays everything I can throw at it but these deals are just so tempting!

Yea I bit, damn this site :(

Zcwyl.png

if that's your first Antec 300 you'll love it, it does have it's shortcomings, but all in all a great case, especially for the price, you'd be surprised how much stuff you can cram in there...

this kinda reminds me of when they were practically giving DDR2 away, then all of a sudden the price doubled overnight (or at least that's what it seemed like), I may hop on some of these deals, test them, and then store them for future use, people will be kicking themselves if they wait and DDR3 prices jump back up like the DDR2 did...

now i'm thinking about getting another 8 gb ... what would i even use 16gb of ram for?

if that's your first Antec 300 you'll love it, it does have it's shortcomings, but all in all a great case, especially for the price, you'd be surprised how much stuff you can cram in there...

I've used this case for 20+ customer builds so far actually, and I prefer it over my aging p180. At $45 (after rebate) it's just a steal. Sturdy, easy to work with, air flow is nothing short of amazing with the extra fans installed and the size is perfect for a standard build. If they just added a few cutouts at the top and bottom of the case so you could more easily route your cables behind the motherboard this case would be absolutely perfect.

I've used this case for 20+ customer builds so far actually, and I prefer it over my aging p180. At $45 (after rebate) it's just a steal. Sturdy, easy to work with, air flow is nothing short of amazing with the extra fans installed and the size is perfect for a standard build. If they just added a few cutouts at the top and bottom of the case so you could more easily route your cables behind the motherboard this case would be absolutely perfect.

yep, my thoughts exactly...

same kind as my memory but mine is blue and has tiger timing 8-8-8-24 great ram, works great with my 870. i would get other 8gb but i dont even know what to do with the 8gb i have lol

with this Asus Pro combo I could be up and running with a 2600k for $539 or 2500k for $429. DAMNIT!!

If you don't need super fast memory you can spring for the Avexir kits on mwave.com

The 1866 Gskill is also on sale for $99.99. From what I've read, the speed difference may not be worth it but I would think it would have tighter timings at 1600 settings.

Is it worth the $25 difference for tighter timings at 1600 or for a better OC?
I've seen on bit-tech and Tomshardware and am think not that much but I've not done a i7-2600K build yet. I'm looking at getting 16 GB

I'm looking at doing a 2600K rig and OCing. Already jumped on the $139 deal yesterday but am also doing an HTPC build down the road so would use it there also.

Some of the MB combos that stack also look good with the deal today for the Ripjaws X 1600.

Last edited:
this kinda reminds me of when they were practically giving DDR2 away, then all of a sudden the price doubled overnight (or at least that's what it seemed like)
You're right! Even last year (I think?) ddr3 was almost twice as much. It fluctuates worse than gasoline.

Also, in for one. Blast you, Newegg Deals!

Last edited:

I have used the Antec 300 several times as well. But at 45 bucks after rebate its still not that hot when the Haf 912 us 50 bucks after rebate. At least not if your installing any type of real video card.

On Topic: Yea I jsut traded my rig around with a forum member so I am currently sitting with 4gb of 1333 & am feeling the need to upgrade to 8gb something awful. And between this deal & the rest I have seen lately its making the decision hard. I Will most likely spring for this if I dont win the kingston hyper X I am bidding on on flea bay right now (4x2gb 1600 Mhz & my max bid is only 60 bucks including shipping). But that will end tomorrow unless someone else outbids me.

I have used the Antec 300 several times as well. But at 45 bucks after rebate its still not that hot when the Haf 912 us 50 bucks after rebate. At least not if your installing any type of real video card.

On Topic: Yea I jsut traded my rig around with a forum member so I am currently sitting with 4gb of 1333 & am feeling the need to upgrade to 8gb something awful. And between this deal & the rest I have seen lately its making the decision hard. I Will most likely spring for this if I dont win the kingston hyper X I am bidding on on flea bay right now (4x2gb 1600 Mhz & my max bid is only 60 bucks including shipping). But that will end tomorrow unless someone else outbids me.

Most of my customers (myself included) prefer the clean look of the 300, otherwise the HAF is a great choice.

Edit: Side rant, does anyone ever actually use more than 2x 5.25" bays? Hell I only use an external usb burner the few times a month I need to burn a disc these days. Seems like it's high time manufacturers start offering cases with more efficient drive bay designs..

Last edited:
Most of my customers (myself included) prefer the clean look of the 300, otherwise the HAF is a great choice.

I perfer the look of the 300 as well. But it doesnt take much of a video card before the better look is countered by the poor design (atleast by current standards).

this kinda reminds me of when they were practically giving DDR2 away, then all of a sudden the price doubled overnight (or at least that's what it seemed like), I may hop on some of these deals, test them, and then store them for future use, people will be kicking themselves if they wait and DDR3 prices jump back up like the DDR2 did...

That's what I was afraid of, but with DDR4 so far away I don't see the prices dropping for awhile. *crosses fingers*

I perfer the look of the 300 as well. But it doesnt take much of a video card before the better look is countered by the poor design (atleast by current standards).

That's when I bust out the dremel :)

That's when I bust out the dremel :)

Bwahahahaaaaa.. If I have to mod a case I count labor into the cost & if I have to take anything more then a screw driver to a 50 dollar case it just became a 100 dollar case.. Atleast thats how I do it when I am selling stuff.. For myself I run so few drives in the antec 300 I could pull out all the 3.5" drives & still be ok (1 optical & a pair of 2.5" drives currently). But even then the haf still has an airflow advantage when you start loading fans in each case since it takes 200mm fans for the front & top. Either way though. Both good quality cases for the budget minded individual. Each have there own advantages..

Anyhow back on Topic.. I just Bit on the Ram.. Gonna replace 4gb of crucial with it & see how far up I can make my 955 climb

I am looking to start piecing a new ESXi box for myself, to join my other 24 gig i7 box. So this is a nice deal.

Bwahahahaaaaa.. If I have to mod a case I count labor into the cost & if I have to take anything more then a screw driver to a 50 dollar case it just became a 100 dollar case.. Atleast thats how I do it when I am selling stuff.. For myself I run so few drives in the antec 300 I could pull out all the 3.5" drives & still be ok (1 optical & a pair of 2.5" drives currently). But even then the haf still has an airflow advantage when you start loading fans in each case since it takes 200mm fans for the front & top. Either way though. Both good quality cases for the budget minded individual. Each have there own advantages..

Anyhow back on Topic.. I just Bit on the Ram.. Gonna replace 4gb of crucial with it & see how far up I can make my 955 climb

Curious to see how these do in a non-sandy rig, these new systems pretty much eliminated any reason to care about ram performance lately.

Curious to see how these do in a non-sandy rig, these new systems pretty much eliminated any reason to care about ram performance lately.

They should perform just like any other ram. But its the 1600mhz part that will give the boost when over clocking non sandy systems since its still effected when raising the fsb
Posted via Mobile Device

Between deal forums, the classified list at work, and being near four fry's and a microcenter, I have an 800d, dual water loops, an i7 950 at 4.7, two rog 5870s, 24GB of RAM, a titanium HD... and I'm never home. Damn you, hot deals.

Back