G: Acess is denied?

colbyman

Limp Gawd
So i have a secondary hard drive in my computer and Vista sees the drive but when i try to open it it tell me access is denied. this just started recently. i have used this drive for over 2 years now flawlessly. i have tried everything i can think of. any ideas? by the way when i go to properties it shows that the drive isnt using any space and it has no space available... thanks in advance.

I've seen this issue and if the drive has been working and no security permissions have changed then your looking at a bad drive. One thing I do is put the drive in a USB enclosure and see if it can be accessed that way. If it doesn't spin up you are probably looking at a bad drive.

ok. i shall try that i guess... this sucks if you are right because its a 500 gig movies storage drive... with lots and lots of movies stored. just out of curiosity im gonna plug it into either my win 7 beta machine or another vist machine i have just to see if that brings me any luck. thanks.

Yeah, the same thing happed to me a couple of months ago and it does suck. I try to keep things like movies that will fit on DVD9's on that. As much cooler it is to keep stuff on a hard drive, you gotta have some backup.

Back