FYI: Steam VAC bans on MW2 and how to report hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
FYI: After the first wave of 2500 hackers have been banned since IW's little twitter account things are looking good on MW2. The nice thing about vac bans is that they are not instant from what I've read. I personally haven't encountered one cheater yet in MW2. It's amazing. If you do need to report a cheater however I came across this in an article on how to report a cheater on steam:

"During or after you've played the game with the hacker open Steam. Under the players menu, you can go to previous game. Under that menu click on the player who is hacking and open their Steam ID page.

On the top right corner of the Steam ID page you are able to "report violation". If somebody is suspected of hacking I will put in the comments "suspect of hacking - {whatever hack}". If it's something confirmed, I will put "Confirmed hack - {whatever hack}".

I haven't done done this yet as I haven't came across a cheater but if you do, there you go. Nice to see IW and vac working hard on getting these cheaters.

Dude, just stop trolling. Really. It's getting old. And the method you described above doesn't work for VAC banning people at all.

Stop trolling and if you have to troll, then at least research properly.

I mean, honestly, are you getting paid by Activision? Because if you don't then you're stupid.

The Report Violation feature is to report offensive or malicious (I am a Steam Admin, lol, send me your login info to verify!!!11) content on their SteamID page. Valve does not VAC ban by reports submitted by others; it's automated.

Last edited:
Yeah this is only for reporting crap on their steam page, but if they have and have a crude name I report them. The funny thing about hackers is they got it so you can not message them at all... :(

Please keep your opinions of the poster to yourself. If you feel that he's trolling, move on. Further off-topic posting will result in infractions

PS3, I don't understand why you posted this in a new thread of its own when you mentioned this in another thread, and people there told you you were incorrect. You're still incorrect even though you've given this a thread of its own.

It appears you have to post the actual hacks apparently. From Steam:

"If you know of a new cheat, especially private cheats (ones that aren't on a public website), and can provide the links or the actual binaries, please visit the SteamPowered Forums and PM (private mail) a moderator there and it will be reported to the VAC team."

You know what steam should do...or maybe even IW: Build a 'fake' web site and create cheats for the game. Put all their cheats into the vac database or whatever...then bang, the thousands that use those cheats will get banned, lol, then they'll have to buy another game just to play again = even more money for IW.

It appears you have to post the actual hacks apparently. From Steam:

"If you know of a new cheat, especially private cheats (ones that aren't on a public website), and can provide the links or the actual binaries, please visit the SteamPowered Forums and PM (private mail) a moderator there and it will be reported to the VAC team."
Link? If this is from the Steam forums, they are community-run for the most part. Unlike what was suggested in your OP, this is not a way (nor is there a way) to report individuals. It exists to target the cheats available, alone.
You know what steam should do...or maybe even IW: Build a 'fake' web site and create cheats for the game. Put all their cheats into the vac database or whatever...then bang, the thousands that use those cheats will get banned, lol, then they'll have to buy another game just to play again = even more money for IW.
...And Valve would be in court for the next 5 years. Also, why would they engage in something as non-productive as writing cheats for their own games? Why would they ruin the play and communities of their own games? Or anyone else selling products on Steam? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back