FYI: Asus GTX 760 Mini in "production status"

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
Probably just another rebadge, much like the 770. Still, a price drop would be most welcome.

Considering there were more than one brand making GTX 660 short length such as Asus and EVGA, why would I be surprised by this?

What would be really exciting is if Asus makes a GTX 770 Mini.

Sorry.

The GTX 760 reference PCB is already "short." I fully expect Zotac to make a short version like they did with the 660 and 660 Ti. Heck, companies are already doing custom coolers, so why not make short versions? Or is it one of those perception things? Like people thinking big ATX towers are inherently higher performance due to their size.

I think people are just compensating for something.

The GTX 760 reference PCB is already "short." I fully expect Zotac to make a short version like they did with the 660 and 660 Ti. Heck, companies are already doing custom coolers, so why not make short versions? Or is it one of those perception things? Like people thinking big ATX towers are inherently higher performance due to their size.

I think people are just compensating for something.

Whoa, hold on. Did Zotac make a 6.7" cooler 660 Ti? That'd be news to me! I'm not even sure there's a 6.7" cooler 660, but it's been awhile now so my memory is fuzzy.

Whoa, hold on. Did Zotac make a 6.7" cooler 660 Ti? That'd be news to me! I'm not even sure there's a 6.7" cooler 660, but it's been awhile now so my memory is fuzzy.

I own it. Not too bad, fans are pretty loud though when stressed. WC is available from a few places.

zotac_gtx660ti_amp_front_161435224816_640x360.jpg

Although I was aware they had something is the works since JJ from Asus hinted on this over at Anandtech, I must admit being disappointed since was hoping for them to manufacture a more powerful card in the Mini format...

and they made a 6.7" GTX670.

or, you could just put the 660ti cooler on any reference 670 of your choice and make a short one ;)

I own it. Not too bad, fans are pretty loud though when stressed. WC is available from a few places.

zotac_gtx660ti_amp_front_161435224816_640x360.jpg

Zotac likes to release things under the radar. They also released a short PCB 560ti that didnt get much attention. I own one. Same problem LOUD fan under load.

DA4287t.jpg

I thought the open air cooler cards were supposed to be quiet?

How well does it handle 1080p?

I can pretty much run anything optimized by the Nvidia Experience or lower. Borderlands 2, Crysis, Farcry, all run really well at 1650 x 1080. Just gets loud. Looked into changing fans, but may end up going water cooled if I ever get my custom case done.

I think the shroud would easily be at 6.7 if it were cut flush with the edge of the fans, ill check when I get home tonight.

Last edited:
Edit. I just realized something, you do realize this is not a 6.7" cooler?

rough estimates with card installed so i cant measure perfectly. this is from the edge of the case.
the PCB is about 175mm (6.88")
the heatsink is about 172mm (6.77")
the fans are about 170mm (6.7")
the fan shroud is about 197mm (7.75")

the shroud could easily be cut off to match the pcb size if needed.

Back