• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

FX5900 drivers

josh_fest

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
12
I can't get my card to run on any drivers newer than version 45.23. I get the "blue screen of death" when I try to boot with newer drivers. Has anyone had these problems? Does anyone have any ideas for me? Anything is welcome
 
You try reformatting? Remember to install in this order:

XP
SP1 and Updates
Chipset Drivers
DX 9.0b
Vid Card Drivers
Everything else
 
Did you fully uninstall the old drivers?
Try driver cleaner leaves no musty after taste:eek:
 
Originally posted by josh_fest
But I've had the computer for a month or two. Shouldnt need to reformat just yet.
You might need to especially if you had a non-NVIDIA card previous to this one.
 
Originally posted by obs
You might need to especially if you had a non-NVIDIA card previous to this one.

Now that I think of it, i did have a 9500np in here for a couple days because my first fx5900 didn't work. Is there any way to reformat without losing everything? this is my family's (6 people) computer, and there's a lot of stuff on here. I don't think my parents would let me do it
 
Back
Top