• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FX57 OC questions..

Kermit

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
151
Ive been playing with my system soo much in the last few weeks, I was wondering if anyone else who had an FX could lend some insight.. Im not "new" to overclocking, however all the new options with the AMD 64's confuse me.. I have printed out the stickied guide here, so just telling me to RTFM wont suffice :D

So far, what I have done (that I remember) is I lowered the HTT to 1x (Specs on everything in sig, PC1) then lowered the multiplier to 10x. I set the RAM to 2T to start, and 3-3-3-7. I was then able to up the "FSB" to 250. Voltage went up to 1.5-1.6 (no difference in that range as far as stability) It will boot to windows, but wasnt completely stable. So I backed it down to 245. Seemed to be stable. Then I started upping the multiplier until it wasnt again. Basically I can get it to between 3000mhz (250x12) and 3075mhz stable. It just doesnt want to be stable at 3100+

I had run super pi a few weeks ago and on a 1m run I was able to get a time of 27.219... Now.. I cant for the life of me get under 29.5s It seems like no matter what I do, up the "FSB" or leave it at 200 and just up the multiplier, I can get anywhere near the 27.219.. Am I not trying something that I might have done a few weeks ago? Am I forgetting to do any that you seasoned FX OC'ers do? Any help is much appreciated! THANKS!
 
why did you set your HT link to 1x is should be set at 3x with that FSB and you probably were running tighter timings with your RAM 3-3-3-7 is not very good at those speeds and you should set it at 1T
 
I thought to find the max FSB the CPU can do, you would lower the HTT to 1x.. So youre saying I should try it at 3x? 3-3-3-7 is not good? What should it be set at then? And leave it at 1T?
 
1x is TOO low. Leave it at 3x. Also, try a divider on your RAM. Put the RAM back to 1T, but put it on a 1/2 divider. This should give you greater headroom for overclocking.

// Props to you if you were able to get that Corsair memory to run at 300MHz 1:1. But I'm willing to bet it's the reason you can't go higher.
 
ok Tried some other things... I set the ram instead of 400, I backed it down to 333, and set the HTT to 3x. Set the multiplier to 10x, and was able to boost the "FSB" to 300. Effectively giving me 3000ghz. Ran prime for 6 hours, and everything is stable. But.. Running super-pi, not gives me almost 30second 1M runs... So Ive lost speed.. Again my fastest was 27.219.... What else can I try doing? Any help please.
 
I am new to overclocking a64's also, but isn't the ht multiplier multiplying the fsb? so if you had a 250 fsb with 3x, ht would be at 750? Do you not want to get your ht to as close to 1000 as possible? so wouldn't 4x be better in this case?
 
That would explain why I was recieveing lower speeds... Completely forgot about that.. THANKS!!
 
Back
Top