• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FX Clawhammer OC question

neubspeed

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
518
For the last 6 months I've been combating heat with my FX-55 so OC'ing wasn't even a possibility, but I just put in an XP-120 and bought an Antec P180, and my temps dropped huge! I now run at 30 degrees idle and 46 prime95 load. Unfortunately I sold my TCCD ram and I have these 1gb sticks that I've heard overclock really crappy. What's the best way to overclock this chip and keep temps relatively low, should I up the multiplier by 1 and keep it at FX-57 speeds or try my luck with the OCZ 1gb sticks and go for a higher fsb? Or a little of both? If you're using an FX-55 clawhammer oc'ed on air, please share your experience. Thank you!
 
either up the cpu multi or drop the ram divider, both are legit options ;)
 
Back
Top