FX-55 temperature readings...

millerpa17

Limp Gawd
Hi, I've had an FX-55 for a while now, and a while ago I realized that it was running at around 50 degrees celsius on idle, on load it doesnt go much above this either...mabye about 60. I thought that maybe I needed to reposition the heatsink on the cpu, and replace the thermal paste...so I did that, but saw no difference in the cpu temperature readings. I use the bios or MSI utility to check the temperature on the cpu. I have a K8N NEO2 Platinum motherboard. I was just wondering if there was anything I should do about this?? I dont overclock my processor, or any hardware for that matter, so I really don't care about watercooling. The heatsink and fan solution that came with the CPU looks really good, and has nice heatpipes. Is there a possibility that the motherboard is just giving me crap readings?? thanks for the help,
Paul

Do you think it would be worth getting a new heatsink and fan?? Or should I just let it be?

I used that heatsink (came with my X2), and its just as good as an aftermarket cooler. I'd try touching the heatpipes to see if they are warm. Is it a 130nm or 90nm FX55?

robberbaron said:
I used that heatsink (came with my X2), and its just as good as an aftermarket cooler. I'd try touching the heatpipes to see if they are warm. Is it a 130nm or 90nm FX55?
Uhhh, how can I tell??

san diego I think...I recall this from when I re-did the thermal paste.
Actually I'm 100% sure its the san diego

k It seems that it was just a bad reading. I installed a new version of the msi temp reading utility, and now its reading the temp as 36 degrees.

It's the Neo 2's temperature reading. 50's at idle was a bug IIRC, as far as I know They never fixed it. Use something else to read the temperature, Ntune perhaps? See if that makes a difference.

Roch said:
It's the Neo 2's temperature reading. 50's at idle was a bug IIRC, as far as I know They never fixed it. Use something else to read the temperature, Ntune perhaps? See if that makes a difference.
Yeah, they fixed it with a new version of the msi utility.

Back