fw900 too late?

chkMINUS

n00b
I've seen these monitors and they are very attractive. I know there's a mile long thread on this monitor already, but I'm wondering if I got one of these now could I expect it to last very long? The one I'm looking at is a refurbished HP version of the fw900 from AccurateIT.

Also if I was going to buy a new CRT what would you recommend? Thanks.

I've seen these monitors and they are very attractive. I know there's a mile long thread on this monitor already, but I'm wondering if I got one of these now could I expect it to last very long? The one I'm looking at is a refurbished HP version of the fw900 from AccurateIT.

Also if I was going to buy a new CRT what would you recommend? Thanks.

depends on when it was made and if it was ever turned off or not, how heavily used etc...
mine was made in 2001, i bought it 2 yrs ago but i DONT leave it on all the time, it gets shut off every night and maybe only on 5-7 hours a day max.

recommendations on buying a new CRT?

the FW900 or HP A7217A (same unit), the best of the best. if you have access to get one, get it, it wont disappoint :)

I just bought one from Accurate IT. It was made in 2002. Works great although I'm thinking I should have bought something bigger (LCD).

Back