Fuzzy text on my 2405

natpond

Limp Gawd
my 2405 has ben sweet, let me just start with that. but i just hooked it up to my laptop through D-sub, and text is a little blurry... any ideas why?

Nat

Well, 1920x1200 doesn't survive too well over a crufty analog VGA connection, even at 60Hz (lower refresh rates can look sharper). You *could* try the auto adjust (i believe you just press the "+" button on the screen) but it well never look anywhere near as good as DVI...

With regards to the VGA (dsub) connector... If more people woke up and bitched about this to vendors like Dell, etc, we wouldn't have the embarassing situation that we have in the PC laptop scene of so few models having DVI ports!! Disgraceful..! :mad:

The fuzzy text is an auto-adjust issue. I had it with D-Sub connection as well. Keep hitting auto-adjust and eventually it will correct itself. Took my 5 attempts once. One thing I found, is getting a monitor testign app that makes it more blantant, and auto-adjusting till it is corrected

n64man120 said:
The fuzzy text is an auto-adjust issue. I had it with D-Sub connection as well. Keep hitting auto-adjust and eventually it will correct itself. Took my 5 attempts once. One thing I found, is getting a monitor testign app that makes it more blantant, and auto-adjusting till it is corrected

If the auto adjust doesn't sharpen things up in a couple tries, powering the monitor off/on works for me.

The D-sub connector can look almost as sharp as DVI when adjusted properly. For auto adjust to work well, you need to display a pattern where it can easily identify where the individual pixels are.

Try auto adjust while displaying this image full screen: http://www.toastyx.net/pattern.png

no dice on that last post. the only thing that ive found that works, from messing with this for a while now is to turn off or on any of the settings in the ati control panel: vertical synchronization, horizontal synchronization, or composite synch. any change in these, for me at least, makes my text pretty again... kind of annoying if you ask me, i have to do it every time i turn off or let my computer hibernate.

Nat

Wow, my monitor at work is SO much clearer now after hitting the auto calibration button using your picture. Umm, wait, forget that I was reading [H]ardForums while at work.

Back