• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fuzion mount

mode

n00b
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
29
hey guys, i just have 2 simple questions
I am beginning to get confused on how to mount the fuzion v2. It has a quad nozzle on it and which way should it be mounted?

I keep seeing black tubing everywhere but only found some feser on some random european website. Anyone know where to buy in the US?
 
Black Tubing: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7..._34OD_with_18_Wall_-_Black.html?tl=g30c99s172
unless you were looking for Feser tubing specifically.

As far as orientation of the Quad nozzle, how was the nozzle installed? The nozzle split center line should be installed horizontally if you are looking at the DTek logo on the block. If thats the case, then you should be able to mount it as intended. When I played with different orientations (horizontal vs. vertical) I found no temp difference on all four cores. Mind you, I'm basing that off of my findings from a v1 of the Fuzion. The nozzle helps with flow but temp regulation really didn't seem to have much affect.
 
I was getting some pretty high temps at idle (40C) so did a remount and they actually went up slightly. I will try remounting again tonight but cant remember how i installed the nozzle.
 
GARY @ SidewinderComputers has a better selection and better pricing than FrozenCPU...

As for your mount, post a pic of your block on your MB and then I can help you...
 
There's been some discussion over at XS about getting better temps with no nozzle at all. If you're plling it off, might be worth a check.
 
GARY @ SidewinderComputers has a better selection and better pricing than FrozenCPU...

Sidewinder charges over $3 a foot for black 1/2" Tygon unless you get the thinner 7/16" Tygon. How is that cheaper than FrozenCPU? ;)

Any progress on your nozzle orientation?
 
Yep, opened to see how it was placed and then mounted it again.
Temps went down to about 38C idle and 45C load.....my room is horrible and the summers are killing me. Need to fix this windows because they leak in small amounts of outside air (bad insulation).

As for the tubing, I was actually looking for some black 7/16. Doesn't mattter much to me who makes them.

About the XS thread, could you plz post a link :)
 
Back
Top