Futuremark Ends Support for 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Futuremark is celebrating the death of Windows Vista on April 11 by killing off 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage on that very same date. In with new, out with the old: both were designed for Microsoft's soon-to-be-terminated operating system.

You might have read that Microsoft will stop supporting Windows Vista on April 11. We will stop supporting our two Windows Vista benchmarks, 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage, on the same day. Our Vantage benchmarks were designed for Windows Vista, an operating system that is over 10 years old and which is now used by only 1.12% of Windows users according to StatCounter.

I still used that benchmark sometimes when I have older systems with DX10 and DX10.1 cards, to be able to see what kind of performance they have to offer despite their age. In most cases DX10 and 10.1 cards will still play DX11 games, simply at feature level 10.0 or 10.1. DX11 benchmarks generally won't run though, as it wouldn't be an even playing field unless feature level 11 was required. I'm actually still running 2x 4870x2 in one of my secondary systems, which mostly gets used to play World of Warcraft these days. Those 4 ancient DX10.1 GPUs in Crossfire give me a 27K GPU score in Vantage.

Back