Future Proof PSU

Plaman

n00b
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
43
I was looking at a 510sli but wasn't sure if I should get 8 or 4 pin connector. 4 pin works on mobos now but are they going to move to 8pin eventually with s939 boards or is all s939 boards going to use 4 pin? Because 4 pin gives me 3 extra molex
 
get an 8 pin

will plug in directly with a 4 pin given clearence
(I have a few EPS12V supplies running older boards)
and if there isnt clearence you can use an adapter
 
Are 939 boards ever going to use 8pin, if not then I am not getting one, and it dosen't look like they are going to, problem solved.
 
Plaman said:
Are 939 boards ever going to use 8pin, if not then I am not getting one, and it dosen't look like they are going to, problem solved.

I know DFI's recent motherboard, something-expert, uses a 8-pin connection instead of 4pin. I think 8pins are going to be the next standard when next-gen CPUs come out. Best to say invest in a PSU that supports both...cause you never know. I remember when P4's came out...oh boy alot of manufacterors werent prepared XD
 
Ice, I saw your run down of the 510 models on the other thread a while back, but which among them is the best for current S939 SLi apps as well as future 8 pin stuff?
 
Back
Top