• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Future of X58

Socket 2011 is the replacement I believe. So next year.
 
unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on your point of view...top end stuff is not depreciating as quickly as one might think. Look at prices for top of the line LGA775 equipment to this day. We will be waiting a good while for truly cheap Gulftowns.
 
unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on your point of view...top end stuff is not depreciating as quickly as one might think. Look at prices for top of the line LGA775 equipment to this day. We will be waiting a good while for truly cheap Gulftowns.

Hmm I think that is just because 775 is so rare now. I got my W3520 for quite cheap, $170 even though it still retailed for $300. I don't think 1366 is going to be as bad with prices as 775 was.
 
AWESOME!

lets see, I paid $12 for the fastest Pentium 3 ever made, I would gladly pay THREE TIMES THAT for an unlocked Gulftown... ;p
 
Thanks so much for the help! I just need to weigh the boost in performance vs the cost and look at whether my main apps will take advantage of the extra cores ( right now BF3 and adobe Lightroom 3). I can run my 920 at 3.2 or 3.6 all day with no issues so clockspeed is a limited gain. What kind of clocks are people running on these gulftown procs?
 
Are you really suffering due to CPU performance?

I'm waiting for Haswell personally.
 
Back
Top