• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Future Intel processors to 10nm

pxc

Extremely [H]
Joined
Oct 22, 2000
Messages
33,063
There isn't a lot of details yet on some future models, but these are codenames, tiny scraps of info and processes that has Intel has presented in one way or another on slides or in presentations:

22nm Ivy Bridge, 2x faster IGP that is OpenCL compatible 2012
22nm Haswell, next new microarchitecture using a new cache hierarchy and adding FMA3 SIMD 2013
14nm Broadwell, shrink of Haswell 2014
14nm Skylake, post-Haswell microarchitecture 2015
10nm Skymont, shrink of Skylake late 2015/early 2016??? (Intel states 10nm is coming in 2015)

Supposedly Skylake has been in silicon development since last year, probably in the Oregon experimental fab. Pick your jaw up from the floor. ;)
 
10nm in just 4 years? I wonder how many cores will be found in the enthusiast cpus, maybe around 24?
 
Supposedly Skylake has been in silicon development since last year, probably in the Oregon experimental fab. Pick your jaw up from the floor. ;)

Wow. I would, but I can't feel my hands and legs, either. This is absolutely incredible stuff, thanks.
 
10nm in just 4 years? I wonder how many cores will be found in the enthusiast cpus, maybe around 24?

I would expect more GPU cores and not more than 8 extra CPU cores since there is a diminishing usefulness of adding additional CPU cores ahead of what software can make use of.
 
8 i think is where we will stay, the next step is to ramp those 8 cores up in speed while increasing IPC
 
Wow! Let's see if my i2600k can skip 3-4 generation of chips before I upgrade again. :D
 
Back
Top