futer proof power supply?

Nathanak21

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
62
I would like to get a nice psu with great efficacy to sleeve soon. Is a psu something that will last me?
 
In terms of quality, barring crappy luck and as long you dust out the PSU once in awhile, most if not all well made PSUs can last you a long time. Now whether or not that amount of power is actually gonna be enough for future upgrades is largely dependent on what those future upgrades will be. With that said, for every single and some dual GPU setups out now, you'll be fine with a solid 650W PSU. I say 650W because good 650W PSUs tend to have the better bang for the buck value from what I've seen. As for efficiency, don't worry about that:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/04/80_plus_irrelevant_to_you_when_buying_psu/

So if you actually want a specific recommendation, please answer the following questions:
1) Is this PSU for the PC in your sig?
2) Why do you want a new PSU for?
3) What model Kingwin 750W do you have?
 
Back
Top