furmark question

bradyapba

Gawd
Do you use the same settings to benchmark as well as the stability test? And what Settings are the norm to use?

Thanks!

Yes that would be the best thing to do. As i wouldn't test the stability at 1280 x 1024 and then go bench at 1920 x 1080.

Just use the same res your going to bench at and you will be fine. That way if it passes there you should be good to go on the game or benchmark.

thank you. I guess, my confusion was, i see people all the time comparing stats, or asking for temps, or showing screens..... but things are vastly different, depending what you turn on. Turn on postFX, and your temps will SHOOT up. Also with MSAAA.

So i was confused, if there wasnt a standard, how can you possibly compare, or get an accurate reading? Turning on FX, will severely change your stats.

But looking right on their front page, they list what the standard is.

* Resolution: 1280x1024
* Fullcreen
* No MSAA (None)
* Duration: 60 sec (60000 ms).

Yes that is their standards. Most of the time when they compare and or change a setting they will tell them that is what they used. I turn mine up on max everything. If your going to crash, you might as well go out maxed out.

But honestly 60 seconds isn't going to do much unless you just went super sky high on the clocks it will or may crash that fast. I do 5 minutes or so. As the average benchmarks are that and even longer. As vantage is about 15 minutes i thing to do it.

Back