Furmark CPU Burner

a3venom

Gawd
I have a i5 6400 @ 4.6 ghz and a h60 with 2 AF F12 fans on it. (package)Temp will be 78-85 during stress tests like AIDA , Linpack, Intel Burn Test, Intel XTU burn test - but if i run the furmark CPU Burner, it can go till 93 degrees unless i have fans on 100% from the very start.

Does anyone use this test as a good measure of heat? Just wondering wtf does it do to make it that hot in a very short time too.

Its 1.31 or 1.3v btw

and don't bash the h60, it is better than any top end air cooler for my case since i can't fit anything there.

what..? PACKAGE temp at 78-85? I hope you are taking package temp as average core temps(Tjunction) and not the entire CPU package(TCase). because that would be absolutely very wrong.. max temp for package on that chip is about 72C IIRC, what application are you using for temp measurement?

what..? PACKAGE temp at 78-85? I hope you are taking package temp as average core temps(Tjunction) and not the entire CPU package(TCase). because that would be absolutely very wrong.. max temp for package on that chip is about 72C IIRC, what application are you using for temp measurement?

package temp is the CPU temp that the mobo reads / its usually the temp of the highest core. cant read indiviudal core temps with this Bios.
Hwmonitor / asus ai suite

that's why Im asking because I know some applications read package temperature as an average of all cores... anyway I would verify contact between the CPU and cooler. those temps are too high for a 6500.. I just say because I had to use rubber washers with my h100i to place proper contact which use the same mounting mechanism as your h60 probably..

contact should be good since it has as-expected core temps at stock speed under stress and idles at 30ish at stock / 38 at OC.

idle will be the same even with the stock cooler.. what matters are the load temps, and you aren't correctly able to measure it precisely.. but to keep on topic with the Original question furmark utilize the same FPU AVX stress as Prime95 SmallFFT mode and Aida Only FPU stress test, so it's normal to likely find much higher temps than any other application.

Back