Furious Onboard Audio Problem

smaug8821

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, I just built a new PC(specs in sig), and everything has been ok, with one small problem. I'm using the onboard audio for mhy sound, and I installed the audio drivers when I first installed Windows, and the sound worked, but every time I restarted Windows a message would pop up saying it found new audio hardware. So tonight I decided to uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them to see if that would make the message go away. So after uninstalling them, I cannot reinstall them! I go through the whole setup, and when I restart there is no audio at all. I'm getting furious right now; this combined with my internet being shitty as hell for the last 3 nights has got me ready to kill someone.

I think it might have something to do with the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio” not being listed under System Devices where it is supposed to be. Unfortunately, when I try to install it, the installer tells me a newer version is already installed on my computer and it will not continue.

If anyone has any clue what I could do here I'd appreciate it. This is the link to my motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128078

Thanks.

Nevermind, I fixed it. Had to open a .exe file and pull out the drivers. Just ridiculous.

...just get the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers from guru3d.com (the realtek site is horribly slow) rather than using the Microsoft supplied ones.

...just get the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers from guru3d.com (the realtek site is horribly slow) rather than using the Microsoft supplied ones.

Didn't work, the drivers themselves wouldn't install correctly, and UAA couldn't be installed(even though it wasn't in Device Manager) for whatever reason. Had to manually do it through Device Manager and going into the .exe file for UAA and grabbing the actual drivers.

Back