Funniest In-Game Deaths

rdytorave

Limp Gawd
I've got two from Half-life 2:

1. I was in the sewer area in Route Kanal where you have to run over the loosely arranged bridge of rubble. I jumped down at the end of the route, but I must have tipped the board I was jumping off of, because it tipped over and beheaded me. I've never been killed by game physics before.

2. Another time I was using the gravity gun to shoot explosive barrels at the cops. I held onto my last barrel a bit too long though. A cop shot the barrel immediately killing me.

halo 2 = getting out of a tank as it tipped over, and getting crushed by the huge ass of a tank

HL2 = grav gunning a tire swing and having it swing around its branch and whack me with low health already.

Running horizontally in Super Mario brothers and not hitting 'jump' before the crazed mutated mushooms bonked me into the air and then through the bottom of the screen.

I couldn't sleep for weeks. :eek:

HL2, I had just figured out how to catch nmy's grenades and shoot em back at them when I had one for too long, LOL

Steel Chicken said:
HL2, I had just figured out how to catch nmy's grenades and shoot em back at them when I had one for too long, LOL

OH, I never even thought about that.... goes try

I would have to say UT2004, because of the vehicles and the crazy wild ragdolls.

Getting hit by hellbender and then being hit mid air by reedemer missle lol!

this didnt happen to me, but my squad in halflife2

i was walking up the stairs with only two of them left. as i reach the top i hear a turret turn on and i quick rush behind it and pick it up with the grav gun, but RIGHT before i toss it, the two people in my squad get up the stairs and well, lets just say it wasnt too pretty for them :eek:

happened to a friend...

we just go return to castle wolfenstein when it came out. he's messing around on the first level, and is at low health. he runs up to a knight's armor on display, kicks it, and it falls on top of him, killing him :p

Bunny hopping in HL2 is insane. I do it a lot in the game, and the number of times I've fallen off of edges and died as a result is kind of sad. :rolleyes:

enemy territory: death from above :p
some of you might know what im talking about, and it has better satisfaction than knife kills :)

EQ2 - Walked up to an EXTREMELY RED guard outside of town at a watchtower. Double-clicked him just like I do with all the guards in town. 'nuff said.

There was a skin for Quake II called "Crack Whore" and when you killed some one using that skin their dead body would be face down with the butt up in the air looking right at you. :eek:

hehehe... of course there is my abominable ut2k3 score... played for an hour and a half... got pretty good towards the end but i just couldn't get the hang of watching my @$$.

top score: 8
bottom score: -4

Last night playing HL2 I was so tired that i accidently mistaken a Explosive Oil Barrel for an Regular Oil Barrel.

"Ha..Ha they can't hit me!... why is my barrel on fi-...BOOM!!!" :eek:

Alex A. said:
Last night playing HL2 I was so tired that i accidently mistaken a Explosive Oil Barrel for an Regular Oil Barrel.

"Ha..Ha they can't hit me!... why is my barrel on fi-...BOOM!!!" :eek:

may i ask a small (i think...) favor? do it again and post us some pics. that actually sounds pretty funny.

Happened last night playing Halflife 2........

Was in Ravenholm and came across the huge blade with a motor attached to it that you can start manually. Walked right up to it thinking "that looks like a HUGE mower blade, wonder if I can spin it...."

Mcbuddah said:

Was in Ravenholm and came across the huge blade with a motor attached to it that you can start manually. Walked right up to it thinking "that looks like a HUGE mower blade, wonder if I can spin it...."

lol how could you have not seen the e3 demo that showed this off? :p

Mcbuddah said:

I had that thing in my gravity gun and kept walking into walls and cutting myself, didn't kill myself but it was a bitch doing everything for a while with 50 health.

:mad: Americas Army SF(Vangaurd) accidentally tked myself and 3 others with a bad frag grenade throw. Sent me in the brig. I hate the brig.

ahhh yea the giant mower blade, i remember them well. the first one i saw i got with the gravity gun and had more fun with than a saw blade, until one time i was at low health and shot a headcrab guy with one right against a wall :eek: ]

also, i have the tendency to pick up those hoppers and just look up real fast and throw them, one time i looked a little too far up, i wondered why it didnt explode, looked up again and right clicked to save my life but....DAMN YOU HOPPERS!

Jäger said:
lol how could you have not seen the e3 demo that showed this off? :p
Yea, I did what they did and let the zombies kill themselves.

pics of the mower blade cutting g-boy's life tragically short, for general entertainment?

ok i got it now.

here is the device of death :D
d1_town_10002.jpg

just a little test to see if it works
d1_town_010007.jpg

yea...i think it does :cool:
d1_town_010008.jpg

i set myself up
d1_town_010002.jpg

oops! i stood up, silly me ;)
d1_town_10007.jpg

Since I didn't see any stipulation that it had to be from Half-Life 2, this is from Halo online...me and 2 other guys loaded in a warthog, me riding gunner. It was in Blood Gulch, and the driver was a moron...he was heading straight for a guy on the other team, who saw us coming from a mile away, hid behind that hill in the middle of the map, and threw a grenade at the top of the hill. The driver (being a moron) kept trying to go for the kill as opposed to swerving, and the grenade exploded RIGHT under the front wheels, sending the warthog FLYING way the hell out. The driver and the guy riding shotgun both died from the nade, but I survived...as I was flying through the air, I started shooting the guy with my pistol, almost killing him...at which point I landed and was crushed by the warthog, haha.

wh00ps there final...

if 'twere me on hl2, i'd probably try to shoot something with the gravity gun and condense myself into a dust bunny :p

either that or a strider would step on me.

The racing game Flat Out. One of the objectives in one of the modes is to fling your driver as high as possible out of the car. Pair that with some of the best physics this side of Source. 'Nuff said.

Sprinting underneath a Strider in HL2... then getting impaled on its leg ><

Thought I could out run it :p

Battlefield 1942:

Did a HALO jump after abandoning my plane at high altitude. It fell on me after about nine seconds.

dang zombies need a face lift or 30... gawd they're fugly. :D being the bad guys i guess that's normal...

Heres my funny BF42 death:

So i was on a low lag server, And the host was being kinda a cock, since he had a 1 ping he was able to run us over in the plane without too much risk of crashing. Well, I got smart, grabbed a rocket launcher, and went out in the open. He started his approach at me and i lined up. I fired and BOOM he blew up. I instantly duck and all the scrap flies right over me.

So a few min later he tries the same thing, So i have to put him in his place again. This time, i fire a bit too early and duck. Rather than the debris flying over me the fly into me! Death :(

^^^ good one!!

then there was that time playing tyrian when i forgot where the enemy ships came from at this one particular point... :rolleyes: you know, enemy ships colliding with your own don't just blow up them...

Damn Time To Take Cover!
hl201.jpg

Ahh.. Now They Can't Hit Me! :D
hl202.jpg

Umm Why is it burning :confused:
hl203.jpg

Holy Shit!
hl204.jpg

Yeah... Damit
hl205.jpg

Anyone who has played Tribes will understand this and its unlikelihood of happening...

I was flying through the air when an enemy shoots a grenade out of his grenade launcher. It strikes one of my teammates (also in the air), but since it had been less than 2 seconds before it was fired, the grenade bounced off of him and landed on me (like I said, still in the air) and this time went off and killed me.

cheatin and lookign a buddy's computer as he tried to sneak up over me over a hill. it was still luck how i landed that tank on him though.

Not my own, but I laugh every time I play Postal 2 and set a cheerleader on fire then whiz on the burning corpse.

Back