Func Archetype: Base Problem

krameriffic

2[H]4U
I just ordered a Func Archetype from Newegg and got it today. There is a problem with the base: it is slightly bent, which makes the surface, when inserted into the base, bend also. This bending causes an extraordinary amount of very annoying and hindering scratching with the bottom of my G5. It came straight out of the tin like this; it's almost like it was stuck in that thing contorted for the time it was shipped, leaving the base permanently screwed. I have tried every extreme of bending the "soft feel hard plastic" base without risking breaking the damn thing to no avail. Has anybody else had this problem? Can anybody think of anything other than brute bending for fix the issue?

If not, I'm going to have to exchange it, which may be my only option.

PS: the mousepad part itself is fine, as it is rubbery, and can be bent effectively in any number of ways. And no, it is not a problem with the feet or the surface, as it works just fine on it as long as it isn't in the bent base.

it sounds like it was obviously damaged / defective. Send it back and get a replacement, don't settle for a broken pad.

Back