• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fun racing games?

Gabriel

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
2,179
After many months of not playing half life, I logged into steam and I saw a few racing games for 19.99 (GTI and XRally), but I never heard fo them. I also herad about flatout 2. Are those any good? What do you recommend for an online racing game to play with a clan? Thanks
 
I definitely enjoyed Flat Out 2. I'd still be playing it except that my desk at college is too thick for my Logitech wheel and I've yet to put effort into coming up with a way to make it work.
 
Both Flatout and Flatout 2 are a blast to play. They're not racing sims, but more like arcade games. The graphics, sound and damage-fest will leave you smiling. :)
 
Flatout 2 is lots of fun. Toca 3 is also a good game, but be warned it does have Starforce which has been known to cause problems for some people.
 
Thank you all, I will try flat out 2. Now what would be a simple, preferably inexpensive, steering wheel with a gas/brake pedal to go with it?
 
If you can stomach StarForce, the trackmania series is a lot of fun... but its not really serious racing, its more about figuring out the fastest paths through tracks.
 
www.liveforspeed.net

Very fun, popular in Europe but they have just about everything, even a tweaking tool for single player use that lets you customize you car's specs from a 4 cylinder at 150hp to a V12 Turbo with 20,000hp... very fun.
 
todlerix said:
steering wheel isnt needed ;p

I don't like the idea of driving a car with a keyboard, that's why I asked about a steering wheel since I don't know much about them. Insead of flatout 2 I think I will try flatout 1 because one of the guys I play with has a 9250 256MB PCI card, and apparently only the 9600 and above is supported for flatout 2.
 
Back
Top