• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fun little DX11 fluid simulation demo

Wow, those are some impressive effects. It would be great if future games would soon start including things like this. I'll have to try it out on my 5870 tomorrow, thanks for posting :).
 
Wow that looks nice, hope that sort of thing is put into action games asap, imagine a FPS flamethrower weapon built with that technology, that would be really fun.
 
Does this mean we might finally get a flamethrower in a game that doesn't look like it's farting out super mario fireball sprites at an incredible rate?
 
Does this mean we might finally get a flamethrower in a game that doesn't look like it's farting out super mario fireball sprites at an incredible rate?

Ever play TFC? rofl

TF2 flamethrower is probably the worst in all of history. Most inaccurate animation of all time.
 
The TF2 flame thrower lacks depth perception, it looks like about 1 foot of flame when in reality its quite a lot more. The fact that they dont have any dynamic lighting doesn't help but the flame thrower effect is just bad to start with.
 
The TF2 flame thrower lacks depth perception, it looks like about 1 foot of flame when in reality its quite a lot more. The fact that they dont have any dynamic lighting doesn't help but the flame thrower effect is just bad to start with.

Plus it wafts around like a piece of paper or something and doesn't represent the length or position of the actual flame.
 
I'm getting PhysX demo flashbacks :p

Too bad we're even less likely seeing these demos used in real games. Consoles like the XBox 360 don't support DirectCompute, PhysX or similar in hardware, so that means any game which will end up on the XBox 360 won't ever use such fancy effects.
 
Tried it on my 5870. It's cool, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Also, the rendering resolution is lower than I would have thought. FPS with my 5870 at 900/1250 is in the 32-33FPS range, cranking the card to 1020MHz brings that up to 35-36FPS.
 
Tried it on my 5870. It's cool, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Also, the rendering resolution is lower than I would have thought. FPS with my 5870 at 900/1250 is in the 32-33FPS range, cranking the card to 1020MHz brings that up to 35-36FPS.

It says in the video that the simulation is done in a 200x200x200 voxel cube.
 
Sweet! Thanks for the link. I can't wait to try this on my 5850 when I get home from work!
 
It says in the video that the simulation is done in a 200x200x200 voxel cube.
Yes, it says so in the description, I just didn't expect it to look quite so blocky. It still looks very nice though.
 
Says unstable for me. This is a buggy pos it looks cool but not THAT cool imho.
 
Back
Top