Fun LAN Based Games?

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
We are looking for some fun games to play during lunch. Need something that can be played over lan. Free is cool as well.

Looking for racing games or some action type game. All machines are Windows7

Flatout 2 for racing shens, has everything, normal racing, destruction derby and mini games. Staple at our LAN parties.

Since it's a lunch period you're probably going to want something quick and satisfying.

Alien Swarm is pretty fun for free
Diablo 2 was always fun over LAN
Soldier of Fortune 2!!

I always loved playing FEAR Combat. You can still find the download for free, though it sometimes takes some work tracking down key codes to use since the Monolith servers are offline.

EDIT: Derp, sorry, didn't see you wanted racing or adventure games...

The guys in the office used to play Live for Speed over lunch... though its an office full of race car enthusiasts who were willing to put in the time learning how to play the game on a laptop keyboard :p It also wasn't technically LAN, someone would just create a public server and we'd all join and anyone else was free to join as well, though you can play it LAN as well I believe.

Serious Sam was a riot.

So was (surprisingly) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. No, I'm serious. It's a horrible single player game but shines in co-op.

For racing, you should try Trackmania Nations Forever. It's free, although it does nag you to buy the other Trackmania titles. It's really fun. When you play, it asks you to sign in, but you can do a LAN in "offline mode" without any problems. You'll also probably want to download some tracks, since the stock tracks can get boring after a while: TM Exchange.

Anyway, that's just my suggestion since a few friends and I played that game for hours at our last LAN Party. If you're looking for other games, you could also try this list of free LAN games.

Hope that helps!

Burnout paradise has always been a favorite of mine. Looks pretty as hell on PC.

Been trying to find an old game we used to play on lan along time ago,fps game one map had snow everywhere with trenches and towers and if you went too far outa boundaries land mines would kill you..any ideas???

Been trying to find an old game we used to play on lan along time ago,fps game one map had snow everywhere with trenches and towers and if you went too far outa boundaries land mines would kill you..any ideas???
Joint Operations games? Medal of Honor: AA?

What era?

Vote for Magika.. not sure if that is "adventure" enough for you.

It is usually only 2.99 on sale.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is free and an awesome team-based multiplayer game. One of my favorite multiplayer games of all time.

really old so probably really cheap - Unreal Tournament - and office computers can probably play it as long as they have a halfway ok video card.

Back