• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fully erasing a hard drive without removing the OS

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
I'm returning a computer for repair and I need to remove all my personal data on it. I am going to use the restore partition to restore the computer back to its original state but I know that my old files can still be restored if the space they occupied isn't overwritten.

Are there any programs than can overwrite all the free space on the machine so my files can't be restored?
 
Thanks for the suggestions, I've been using sfill in linux for the time being.
 
Back
Top