Fullscreen video issues with 6670

Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
17
So I recently got an AMD 6670 to replace my old 4850, and now I can't get VLC to display fullscreen video properly.

Basically, the frame rate isn't quite right. There's a sort of stutter/slowdown, compared to in a window with 1:1 pixel mapping.

I've been tinkering in the Catalyst control thing, but to no avail.
 
If you have force smooth video playback enabled in the video options in CCC, turn it off. I turned it off as soon as the drivers finished installing as I've heard of it causing problems for some folks. My 6570 has no trouble with 1080p playback using all the postprocessing options enabled except that one.
 
It still isn't working properly. I did a clean driver install, and have played around with different driver settings, and in the ends it's still the same and it's driving me crazy. It's a scaling issue, but I don't know how to fix it. the material plays fine with 1:1 pixel mapping, but it's tiny.
 
Back
Top