full system audio distortion with WinfastPVR

minameismud

Limp Gawd
System specs below, + Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe

I've got the latest version of WinfastPVR and the drivers that came off the install CD. Whenever I capture video, the audio in the captured file is slow and very staticy. After further investigation, all sounds generated by my computer (ie. not the live tv feed audio) are similarly distorted. MP3s play slow, and the Winamp timer actually runs slow with the mp3s. I tried the latest drivers, but they are incompatible with dual monitors (and i've got two ^_^). Whenever I dragged the tv window from one monitor to the other, WFTV.exe would hang and I'd have to reboot. I've only got a few more days I can RMA the card, so I need this either solved or totally screwed up asap.

I'm not worried about the multi-monitor problem.

The audio distortion only happens when i'm running a TV viewing program. WinFastPVR and Showshifter 2.6 (?) cause audio to distort. As soon as I close the TV app, all audio returns to normal. For example, I start Winamp, play an MP3. While it's still playing (or paused, or stopped), I open WinFastPVR. As soon as the TV window appears, the mp3 distorts. Again, while playing (or paused or stopped), I close WinFastPVR, the audio returns to normal. Same thing for standard wav files played through Windows' Sound & Multimedia control panel. Btw, it's XP Pro.

(long post, i know)

Here's what I've done from suggestions from another forum:

1) I went through the audio codecs one by one, disabled one, opened WinFastPVR, played a wav file, listened to it be distorted, closed WinFastPVR, and re-enabled the codec. None made the wav play correctly.

2) I obliterated MSN Messenger as soon as I had XP installed. I refuse to run NAV cause I don't wanna pay for it (and AVG is free). I do have trillian, and an msn account, but I tested with trillian closed and it doesn't make a difference.

3) My cpu never gets above 30% while watching tv, sometimes peaks around 60% or 65% while recording.

4) (never used taskinfo before) I looked at the stuff loaded for the Sound and Multimedia control panel and the stuff loaded for WinFast PVR. There's probably 10 to 20 entries that exist for both apps.

5) I installed iuVCR, spent about 30 minutes playing with settings, and the audio is still distorted, but captured video isn't as bad (but it's still not right).

6) I checked IRQ assignments. Both the video and audio capture are alone on IRQ 9, my sound card is on 11.

Any ideas?

Back